Raytown South Cardinals to State in FB

KCScout76

Raytown South Cardinals, are in the football championship' game to be played in the Edward D. Jones Dome, St. Louis.

This is the first time our school has made it there and we did it with 19 seniors, 12 of them who played for me

as 8th graders.

We defeated a three time state winner, champions in four trips to St Louis, the Raymore-Peculiar Panthers.

They are a quality program!!! Chase Coffman, Missouri Tigers WR/TE played for them. Also his brother is a

backup QB for Kansas State. His dad graduate K-State and played for the GB Packers in the 80s/90s?

The road to St Louis had us with a 1st round Bye, we then beat Winnetonka Griffins 43-13, then beat Ft. Osage Indians 6-0 (Ft. Osage gave us our only loss of the season, 28-23 in week 6). Friday nite we beat Ray-Pec Panthers 27-18.

We were down 18-6 with 9 min. to go in the 4th QTR. Two LONG TD passes and a late TD run has us going to the

Dome to play the Hazelwood East Spartans (St. Louis area team).

I am going down with the team on Friday after Thanksgiving. I don't coach the high school kids, I have them as 8th graders. I will be traveling with the team. If I get to go down on the field, I'll post pictures for you all.

RaytownSouthsIsaiahTurner.jpg

STLfan, I hope you can come out - drop me a PM and we will hook up at the Dome that day.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

That's awesome! Give 'em hell! It would be awesome to know that you helped coach up many of those kids and watched them accomplish something their town will remember forever.

By they way, can you do something about those uniforms? Yikes...:P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's awesome! Give 'em hell! It would be awesome to know that you helped coach up many of those kids and watched them accomplish something their town will remember forever.

I was going to mention that last night but I figured it would seem like I was raining on their parade. Since Greg has broken the ice I guess I can say it now...

Congrats and good luck. I sure hope you guys play a lot better than you look.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I was going to mention that last night but I figured it would seem like I was raining on their parade. Since Greg has broken the ice I guess I can say it now...

Congrats and good luck. I sure hope you guys play a lot better than you look.

Leave it to me, 'red. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived