Helmet Stripes in the NHL

Joseph

As a Michigan fan I love the winged helmet crossover to the hockey team! By far the best college hockey helmet... I would love to see other college teams work some design on the helmets like maybe a lightning bolt on the AF helmets but for NHL helmets for some reason I don't think they would look good.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

As a Michigan fan I love the winged helmet crossover to the hockey team! By far the best college hockey helmet... I would love to see other college teams work some design on the helmets like maybe a lightning bolt on the AF helmets but for NHL helmets for some reason I don't think they would look good.

I smell a concept thread....

That photo is obviously a montage.... right??? (they all look at something different)

No way all players would line up like that....

Still doesn't look original those stripes.

I've seen a lot of pictures of players of that era and I don't recognize the helmet Ramsay is wearing as his trademark SK300, something about the wholes doesn't seem right..

p.s.: I love stripes on helmets

I think they look good at the college level, mainly due to the resemblance of the football helmet and its a very cool tie in. As for that picture, it looks legit to me. It looks like a line up we would use will a pulled goalie. The center and winger for the Sabres are looking for the puck. The Leafs center and the two other Sabre's players are looking back to the point, where the Saber's center man was trying to win the puck to.

SEAsig.png

I guess with helmets being fairly new at the time, there was going to be some experimentation. I think it could work, if it is part of the uniform and if it matches well. I like Michigan in their helmets, for example. And the Windsor Spitfires used to have a cool two-toned helmet.

Archived