Las Vegas Wranglers to host 'Rod Blagojevich night'

Primal

http://www.nbcchicago.com/sports/hockey/Ge...vich-Night.html

"What will Blagojevich night consist of? Well, the Wranglers will unveil special new vintage prison uniforms, complete with horizontal black and white stripes. Each player will also have his own prison number assigned to him, and as if all that wasn't enough, now for the piece de resistance.

There will be an open seat between the player's benches that will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, a la Obama's vacant seat in the Senate."

I like the idea of snarky theme nights, I must admit :)

As a displaced resident of Illinois, I have been telling everyone who has brought it up to me that I fully expected him to be in prison for one thing or another. Everyone did.

For those who don't know, George Ryan, the Governor before Blago, is currently serving his prison sentence for corruption charges. Kind of a trend here. I guess when dead people vote anything can happen.

As a displaced resident of Illinois, I have been telling everyone who has brought it up to me that I fully expected him to be in prison for one thing or another. Everyone did.

For those who don't know, George Ryan, the Governor before Blago, is currently serving his prison sentence for corruption charges. Kind of a trend here. I guess when dead people vote anything can happen.

Wasn't Jim Edgar the only governor we had since 1970 that HASN'T been in any trouble?

and as far as this idea, this is AWESOME

2IA3b.png

Wasn't Jim Edgar the only governor we had since 1970 that HASN'T been in any trouble?

and as far as this idea, this is AWESOME

Almost. The guy before Edgar (Thompson) served from 77-91 without any trouble, but the guy before him (Walker) was convicted of receiving over $1 mill in fraudulent loans for a yacht.

I like the idea too, staying on topic. I'd like to see more teams do that. They don't have to call it Blagojevich night but I think its a great way to raise money for charity.

Archived