Need help identifying a helmet

AndrewPF

Ok, on the book jacket of the Sports Illustrated "College Football Book", there are side-facing headshots of all these players from different times. I can identify every school by the helmet, save for one. I was hoping my description might help someone help me figure out what it is. This is the best description I can come up with:

The helmet itself looks very close to LSU. It's yellow and the secondary color is purple or black as far as my colorblind eye can see.

It's got the LSU-style purple or black stripes on either side of a wide white stripe on top.

It's got a purple or black facemask.

The logo looks something like this one I found, except there's no "LIONS" and it's all purple or black. 125px-Lions_rugby_logo_2007.png

As far as I can see from the other helmets on the book, they are all FBS colleges with the exception of maybe 5 FCS.

Thanks for your help.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Well I'll be damned...I skipped the flap to look for a list within the book! It is right there. Thanks, man!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Is it this?

ng3811.gif

If it is, it's Texas A&M-Commerce. But that's a D2 school. UAB also has a similar striping pattern but somewhat different colors.

EDIT: Didn't see the two posts before me. Sorry

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived