Rice and N. Carolina

theflakeband

Okay I am going to give my thoughts on all your concepts, you have some great ideas! But I have a problem (just like most people who post on your concept threads) with you using the same template and using Nike for every single concept you do. The worse thing is people tell you this ALL THE TIME on every one of your concepts and you dont listen. The point of making concepts are to show everyone and take the criticism and make them better. Not post as many as you can and not even listen to a word anyone is saying. I did the same thing when I first started posting on here but I know what to do now and I started listening to everyone and it has made me better at this. So if you would do that you would get better ideas and everyone would like your concepts alot more.

Sorry for the speech/rant but I thought it needed to be said.

Now for the Concepts

North Carolina - Like the use of argyle (even though I have seen it a trillion times including my own concept for them), but I dont like the piping you used on it, the bad thing is it looks like every other team you have done, so every team in College Football would look the same.

Rice - Don't Like it that much, the Side panels don't match up at all, and I don't like the use of Yellow, eliminate the yellow and make the pants stripe thicker or make it match the Jersey and you got a good Concept.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Yes please start using some different tempates...when I clicked on this link I was thinking "surely he didnt use that same template..." and you did. Not only that, but the way you have worked with that template (esp in this UNC one) is very awkward.

temp.png

I like the colors for Carolina but the stripes and piping are horrible, you have used it so many times. As far as Rice, I don't like the grey jersey and the yellow does not fit at all. I've said it before, do not add colors to a uniform that are not a part of the team/school color scheme. Also the mismatched side pannels are a distraction, they need to match.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Rice Owls Update

RiceOwls2.png

Iowa St.

Same old template. I made this a couple weeks ago so any changes just tell me

IowaStCyclones.png

The Rice one looks really good now, glad to see the update!

I know you already made the Iowa St concept with the template but you really need to get away from it, just try and come up with different Nike style templates and you are good, but you really should do different brands as in Under Armor and Adidas, cause no one really wants the whole league to be Nike.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Rice: Ehh, I'm not feeling the mish-mash of side panels. Actually, I'd get rid of it altogether, for it would make it a much better looking uniform for the Owls. Although...perhaps if you want to be ambitious, I'd bring back the owl wings to the helmet. Now those were pretty classy. Even though a few people are getting used to the Old English R by now...

Iowa State: Awww man, you ruined a decently good uniform that defied the templates for one that is based on the template. Even though ISU should have never abandoned having Cy on their helmet and axe the blue from their uniforms (because they reflected the times where the program was actually pretty good), I'd leave the Cyclones alone.

People have told you over and over, and you just don't get it.

I'm sure you read what people are saying, but you just ignored them and put "same old template".

Oh, but I have some changes that you could make on Iowa State.....GET A NEW TEMPLATE!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Actually Yellow is a part of Rice's colors...that Rice concept is an improvement over ur first concept...but they have an awesome classic looking uniform; one which i would take over any modern design.

Color palette

Rice Blue and Rice Gray are the official colors of Rice University. In 1912, Rice's first president,Edgar Odell Lovett, chose as the school colors "a blue still deeper than the Oxford blue" and"the Confederate gray, enlivened by a tinge of lavender." According to Rice lore, Lovett selected the blue and gray in recognition that Rice's founder, William Marsh Rice, earned much of the fortune that funded Rice's initial endowment during the Civil War.

NO YELLOW

i havent seen past concepts just looking at this one and the template i like it, remindes me of the invincible warrior stuff nike does as its the same piping just insert different pattern. Possibly present it using this template but say before hand that it will be the same piping and do it as sort of a project Carolina (Argyle), Florida (Gator Skin), and 'Cuse (With the squares from the basketball uniforms)... As for Rice dare i say it but an all blue set would be great but lose the side panels if your wish is to modernize maybe use wings like the Oregon blackout..

--Logan

uwv.pngtheU.png

Your second Rice set is much better, well done! I'm a huge fan of their current set, though, so I don't really see it as an improvement. The first try with the yellow resembled their older look a little bit:

340x.jpg

Their current set is one of the most well executed looksin college football, IMO:

p1_casey.jpg

Archived