Ultimate blank canvas idea

Nathan

I was thinking a few days ago of what a couple of teams could look like if the NHL allowed a specific warmup jersey to be worn before games. Unfortunately, my computer has not been cooperating.

I figured I'd create this topic to give people a chance to create something where oversized logos and off-the-wall patterns would be able to work rather than be frowned upon. Since most warmup jerseys use a dye sublimation process to create, there's basically an infinite number of designs that can be made rather than being tied down to what is able to be made by the current processes.

I'm not familiar with hockey padding or anything but wouldn't it be a pain in the ass to have to change jerseys rigt before a game?

Not at all, you simply pull it over your head.... Most NHL players take off jerseys, as well as shoulder and elbow pads during the 15 min intermission, so changing a jersey would be nothing.

Many teams here in Germany (DEL) wear warm-up jerseys. I'm glad my team doesn't. In my opinion, it's just another marketing option to get the fans' money. This isn't soccer where you have a special jersey for every (minor-) event, like home jersey, road jersey, international jersey, cup jersey, christmas jersey, warmup shirts and whatever...I really dislike the idea of warmup-sweaters in the NHL at all.

Archived