Jay's Personal Logo

JayJaxon

I want to say thanks to chestnutz6 and Shumway for the idea of posting personal logos for review. You guys have gotten some great feedback so far on yours and since mine is nowhere near as complex, I could use some feedback.

I am in the process of building a website to display not only my art, but the art of my brother and wife. I'm calling it J3 Digital Studio. The J3 has a double meaning. The site is displaying the work of three people with the last name Jackson, and there are 3 J's in my name. (not to mention, 3 is my lucky number)

Mine is fairly simple. If you guys find it hideous, I can scrap the whole thing. I am just looking for some good feedback so I too can enjoy personal logo harmony.

The first is obviously the main logo. The second set is a simple version on different colored backrounds.

j33.png

J3Marks.png

I like the single color logo. Looks pretty proffessional without being bland. The first one with the outlines looks kinda wonky and amatuer. If you're planning on using the wordmark with the logo than I would suggest a new font. The logo and the wordmark look like two different projects. Good work on the flowing J3 logo though.

Were you going for the whole Arabic look, or is it just a coincidence? It was the first thing I thought of when seeing the logo.

arabic-interactive.htm_txt_letters_cmp.gif

It's interesting that you see that, as I am in currently in Iraq. But no, that is not what I'm going for. I was just trying to create something that looks good that includes a J and a 3.

I'm seeing some sort of skinny hippo or a fat nosed camel in the negative space between the 3 and the J.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see the end of the 3 and the end of the J with the same angle.

I am going to try that and see what I come up with.

The image below is called a "captcha" and it is used to determine whether you are a person or a computer.

j33.png

That's what I take out of it. ^_^

It's also a reason I like it as a first draft. Maybe with a few tweaks here and there, this could turn into a really sharp mark.

(Off-note: you in Iraq? Guess I ain't the only CCSLC'er over in this part of the world right now, huh???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The image below is called a "captcha" and it is used to determine whether you are a person or a computer.
j33.png

That's what I take out of it. ^_^

It's also a reason I like it as a first draft. Maybe with a few tweaks here and there, this could turn into a really sharp mark.

(Off-note: you in Iraq? Guess I ain't the only CCSLC'er over in this part of the world right now, huh???)

You're in Iraq too? Where abouts?

And yea, that is why I posted this, I wanted to get it out there and see what I can do to make it better. I read your explanation on the other thread as to how yours came to you, and I hope I get to that point after messing with it.

Have you given any thought to 'threejay' instead of J3? I think the name 'threejay' has a much warmer and human feel, unlike the name 'J3', which kinda sounds like a model number or a robot from Star Wars. It rolls off the tongue much easier, too.

....Just a thought. :)

Sigs are for sissies.

Have you given any thought to 'threejay' instead of J3? I think the name 'threejay' has a much warmer and human feel, unlike the name 'J3', which kinda sounds like a model number or a robot from Star Wars. It rolls off the tongue much easier, too.

....Just a thought. :)

threejay huh? I feel more human already :) It's worth a shot. Thanks.

sorry chuckymack, I just can't make any of your suggestions work for me. However, I did take a new approach.

Would this work better? I think that the logo in the square can do so many things for me. Does anyone agree? Disagree? Let me know.

j3v4.png

It's an improvement, but I think you're halfway there. I don't like the font, try a more equal width one (not thin in one part and thick in the other). Try experimenting with negative space, too. Try coloring in the square and making the J3 white. Just play around with tons of things.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived