Visual Trivia

BlueSky

Ran across this pic in a book I have and thought it would make an interesting trivia question. So who is this player and what's with the jersey?

Edit: Answered correctly...it's Bullet Bob Hayes of the Cowboys in a practice jersey indicating he's not to be hit in drills due to an injury.

img025.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's new HOF-er Bob Hayes from the Dallas Cowboys. I believe the mark on his jersey is a red cross, meaning he was injured and not to be hit in practice. Great photo!

That is correct! The pic is from Bob Lilly's book of photos, Reflections.

It's new HOF-er Bob Hayes from the Dallas Cowboys. I believe the mark on his jersey is a red cross, meaning he was injured and not to be hit in practice. Great photo!

Huh - I guess that's the precursor to the "red jersey" used today.

Interesting. Great photo. That does, however, lead to the question... what is on the sleeves?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Huh - I guess that's the precursor to the "red jersey" used today.

Interesting. Great photo. That does, however, lead to the question... what is on the sleeves?

Early on, the Cowboys had a triple stripe. Barely visible here, but interesting pic if only for the early version helmet star without the 2nd outline:

hayes.JPG

Very visible here:

renfro.JPG

^ Sorry, I meant the shoulders.

It doesn't look like Hayes' number 22, and it really doesn't look like a cross, either.

They are minus signs. You know positive and negative, so the jersey is really a battery.... Oh nevermind :)

haha.

BobbySig.png

Archived