Twins Concept

patsox

TwinsConceptFinal.png

I never liked the Twins' pinstripes, so I ditched them. I just don't think they look that great and all white looks cleaner for them. Twins fans, if you disagree tell me why they should wear pinstripes. I used the shadowed wordmark from the primary logo on the homes, to make up for some of the flair the lost with the subtraction of the pinstripes. I also scrapped the font for the Away wordmark. It's really generic and lacks any shred of character IMO. So I spiced it up by making a new one in the Patriots' nameplate font (I know that sort of still makes it generic but it still makes it less generic than what they wear now). I used the same font for the players' names. I got rid of the road pinstripes too (pinstripes on gray look disgusting, IMO). As for the hats, the m cap is designated as the home cap because it matches the home wordmark, and the TC is designated as the away cap because the m cap doesn't match the away wordmark so well. The alternates are pretty self explanatory, but the reason I went with the logo on the chest design was because I didn't want to simply have alts that are the same as the primaries but with color. Lastly, the BP cap is inspired by Joe Mauer's helmet. C&C me. I'd appreciate it.

Here's an update:

TwinsConcept21.png

I would ditch one of the blue alternates and go with a red one. I'm not a huge fan of pinstripes either, but without them, the Twins will look too much like the Indians. I would try to add some piping to see if that helps the look a little. It's not bad at all. I like the way it looks. But with the Indians playing in the same division, it wouldn't look quite right.

Upgrade: The alts. Not just blue versions of the primaries.

Upgrade: Road primary.

Downgrade: Switching the home and road caps. Your reasoning actually makes some sense, but I like "M" for Minnesota on the road and "TC" at home, where the fans know what it means.

Downgrade: The BP cap. That is a take on the late 1970 helmet that Mauer wears behind the plate (except the T is blue). I dislike all caps with a different color front. Futher, that design was a helmet, but never a cap.

Downgrade: Home primary. I can't explain it. I just prefer the pinstripes.

Minor downgrade: Logo. I like the underline under "Minnesota", though I realize that would negatively impact your road jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

First off, this isn't a bad concept, and that is a good thing from a Twins fan because it is tough to change our uniforms.

Second off, I really am indifferent about the pinstipes. I think the Twins look pretty good either way.

Thirdly, I would arc the script on the away jerseys, it look better IMO.

Fourthly, the change of the home and road hats would not go over well here.

Fifthly, I agree that there should only be one of the two navy alts. Don't make a red one though, just use them both for home and road games.

Sixthly???, I think it would be cool if you kept the vests, they are starting to win me over.

Overall, this is one of the better Twins concepts I've seen, but there is still room for improvement.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Pretty good. I don't think it's any better than their current threads, but it's also not any worse. It's really hard to go wrong with such solid scripts and a good color scheme, at least IMO. But the thing I think the Twins really lack is a solid primary logo. They have good scripts and cap logos but the primary bores me. Now that is a concept I would want to see.

I've never liked that the MINNESOTA type on the road is so generic...never understood why they didn't use the "M" logo on their hat as a jumping off point for a Minnesota script that matched the Twins font from the home jersey.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

The updates look good. Maybe its how it looks on my screen, but it might be a good idea to give them a neck stripe like the Angels have on the home and road only. I'm also not a fan of the road M. The TC should be the only hat during games, minus the white panelled TC for a 2nd hat.

Archived