MLS Redesign Series

patsox

Houston Dynamo

There are no enormous changes here. I stuck with the asymmetrical striping concept they have been using, but changed it up. I also used the same colors. The biggest difference is the change kit, which I decided to make graphite. I thought about going with white and I thought about going with blue, but white is boring and the Rapids use a light blue change kit. I know the color of the change kit has nothing to do with their colors, but there is precedent for that in other leagues.

Primary

DynamoHomeFinal.png

Change

DynamoChangeFinal.png

I don't really mind the graphite but you should try to tie orange into it and add non white shorts. Oh, also try incorporating adidas's three stripes into more subliminal ways. I know they always do it down the arms but I think it would help them look less templatey.

For those who wanted a blue version of the Dynamo change kit, here you go. I think it looks better than the graphite and I can see it as a jersey more people hypothetically would buy. I went with the monochrome look so as to give the kit a completely different look than the regular kit.

DynamoChange2FInal.png

--------------------------

And Elliott, many leagues overseas also have standardized number fonts so its more of a football thing than an MLS/adidas thing.

Overall when you are doing these concepts try and make sure something shows up on the backs of the jerseys. Realistically you would see 1.5 of the stripes on the front and the other 1.5 on the back, I think this would make your concepts look a lot nicer and more realistic. Try putting a waist band on the shorts, this would make the shorts look far nicer. Lastly use some sort of background for the concepts so that the jerseys stand out and and white parts don't just blend in with the background. As for the Dynamo kits, I would totally ditch the light blue, looking at the crest it just really doesn't fit. Also even though you have the stripe going down the front you need to keep the sponsor logo centered even though they may overlap some, fiddle around to see what looks best. Same goes for the crest, it is a bit to far up and to the right, it's almost on the sleeve in the pictures so I would move it down to a more crest-like location. Overall it's a good job I would just like to see a few adjustments so that these can look the best that they can.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

San Jose Earthquakes

For the Earthquakes I kept the blue that they use and the bluish silver that they use, but switched out the black for navy blue. Then I decided to go with a somewhat unique design for MLS. I liked the way the colors looked on that design. It has kind of a Dallas Mavs vibe, but that's a good thing to me because I love their color scheme.

For the change kit, I took what I had with the home uniform and made a design based on that go down the sides. It makes for a unique kit that IMO is good looking at the same time.

C&C would be nice. Thanks everyone.

Primary

SanJoseHomeFinal.png

Change

SanJoseChangeFinal.png

NSL, I believe they should be known for their color scheme moreso than a tacky uniform element/logo creep.

FC Dallas

Basically what they have, but with a less obtrusive template for the home uniforms. I changed the change shirt to blue, because IMO the gray one they have is really ugly. Also, blue is more a part of their color scheme than gray. Then I gave them at&t for a kit sponsor. It fits 1) because they are based in Dallas I believe and 2) the colors jibe well with the kits.

FCDHomeFinal-1.png

FCDChangeFinal.png

Archived