New NESN scoreboard

TrueYankee26

It looks better, but I don't like how it doesn't match any of the other graphics. Maybe they will redesign the rest of the package by the beginning of the season. I hope they don't completely redesign them though. I like the current ones.

Edit-Another interesting thing about the broadcast is that Jerry Remy is ill, so Don Orsillo is calling the game with a rotating cast of guests.

Font change, too - something from the Interstate family I'd gather. Looks nice, but I really wish they'd have gone with a less played-out font.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Might be an MLB Network thing. It doesn't make sense that the scoreboard was using Interstate, but the rest of the graphics were done in NESN's usual mix of Eurostile and United Serif. The game was also NOT broadcast in HD, even though the logo bug read NESN HD.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The silver scorebar is being used again today. I don't know if the game is on MLB Network, but if it isn't I guess that stomps out the notion of it being used for that reason.

...and Remy is still out....with a chest infection.

...and another observation: They've got a little thing above the scorebar that says "Red Sox Grapefruit League Baseball" or something like that that makes this thing look like a pretty good ripoff of ESPN's score bar.

Archived