Niagara Stompers

epper

EXCELENTE!

Let's hope baseball comes back to St. Catharines in one way or another (Can-Am league, perhaps?)

I agree with you- the main hurdle for the team would be building a suitable stadium for the team- Community Park isn't capable of housing pro baseball, even in an independent league. That's a huge part of why the Stompers left to begin with. And unfortunately, the city has the worst city council I've ever heard of (secrecy, lack of effort, doesn't actually do just about anything, is grossly overpaid, isn't even full-time, etc), and would probably shoot down any proposal brought to them out of hand.

I think the stadium issue is why the Canadian Baseball League's Niagara Stars played in Welland instead of St Catharines, despite St. C having about twice the population.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

EXCELENTE!

Let's hope baseball comes back to St. Catharines in one way or another (Can-Am league, perhaps?)

I agree with you- the main hurdle for the team would be building a suitable stadium for the team- Community Park isn't capable of housing pro baseball, even in an independent league. That's a huge part of why the Stompers left to begin with. And unfortunately, the city has the worst city council I've ever heard of (secrecy, lack of effort, doesn't actually do just about anything, is grossly overpaid, isn't even full-time, etc), and would probably shoot down any proposal brought to them out of hand.

I think the stadium issue is why the Canadian Baseball League's Niagara Stars played in Welland instead of St Catharines, despite St. C having about twice the population.

Yeah community park sure isn't anything special....I played all of my highschool games there. If you play any of the infield positions, you have to shield your junk on every hard-hit ground ball because of the ridge where the grass meets the dirt. Fires the ball straight up at you!

Archived