What team is this?

friarcanuck

Does anyone know what the jersey in this picture is? The one worn by #93 in the picture looks like it has some potential.

I've narrowed the player down to Maxime Gratchev who plays for Lewiston. It makes sense cause the helmet is their colour and the logo on the helmet looks like their's, but the jersey colour and the fleurs-de-lis are throwing me off.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Yup, it's the Maineiacs. That photo is from their February 21st game. If you go to lewistonhockey.com and go to the photo gallery you can look at photos from this game. It looks like the Nordiques jersey with Lewiston logos on the shoulder. The crest is a big white circle with a thin red trim. Inside the circle is the Nordiques logo with "Maine Nordiques" written around it. Check out photos 13 and 23. They did not use matching pants, socks, or helmets for this jersey. Not sure if it's a special one-off jersey or not.

Usually if it is a one-off jersey they won't bother with matching socks, so that is my guess.

You teling me you guys werent aware of the minor league team in Lewiston the Maine Nordiques of the North American Hockey League...where do you think Quebec got it's name from

Usually if it is a one-off jersey they won't bother with matching socks, so that is my guess.

You teling me you guys werent aware of the minor league team in Lewiston the Maine Nordiques of the North American Hockey League...where do you think Quebec got it's name from

Well you learn something everyday.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

The Maine Nordiques got their name from the Quebec Nordiques. Not the other day around.

Maine active seasons: 1973-1977

Quebec active seasons: 1972-1995

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The Maine Nordiques got their name from the Quebec Nordiques. Not the other day around.

Maine active seasons: 1973-1977

Quebec active seasons: 1972-1995

I mis-spoke...What I meant to say was they had a relationship..Maine had wanted pro hockey since the late 60's and were trying to lure an NHL club...when that failed they had a deal with the Quebec tema to be its new NAHL minor team..sorry I wasn't more specific.

Archived