RUMOR: Golden State Warriors New Identity?

theonlymember

I hope they go back to the San Francisco Warriors and go back to the "City" logo.

Please, no San Francisco Warriors of Oakland jokes!

I think the Oakland Warriors would be more appropriate.

You are correct since they play in the Oakland Coliseum, however I hope that they take the opportunity to brand them with a world class city.

Oakland may be Major League but San Francisco sounds so much classier, I also think it allows more options for creating a logo (using the Golden Gate Bridge or the Transamerica Pyramid).

The San Francisco identity would encompass the entire San Francisco Bay Area (San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose).

Hopefully the NBA takes the opportunity to have an old franchise go from sounding like a college team to being put in the higher echelon of Major League cities.

Well that's my 2 cents for today - A San Franciscan who lives in Miami

LOL @ SF encompassing the entireity of the Bay Area.

San Jose would take serious umbrage at this.

I think Oakland would have a bit more of a beef than San Jose, especially considering they play in Oakland. BTW, what's wrong with GS Warriors?

It sounds like a college team.

University of Phoenix Stadium sounds like a college stadium, but everyone that follows a smudgeon of sports knows its not. If you follow basketball, you know that Golden State is not a college team. If you don't follow basketball, then you're probably not worried about it anyway.

ummm I think BBTV was joking

No, I wasn't. Yes, I know that U of P Stadium isn't a college stadium, and Golden State isn't a college team, but IMO both are horrible names for professional facilities / teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived