RUMOR: Golden State Warriors New Identity?

theonlymember

I read on another forum where a poster said that he read the Adidas catalogs given to sporting goods stores and the 76ers, Bobcats, and Warriors jerseys had question marks/blanks. Could the Warriors be getting new duds?

LAKERS | BRONCOS | GOLDEN BEARS | PAC-12 FOOTBALL

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say all of those teams are possible candidates for new looks(except the Sixers).

I definitely wanna see a new Bobcats identity, and a new Warriors set would be nice.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I read on another forum where a poster said that he read the Adidas catalogs given to sporting goods stores and the 76ers, Bobcats, and Warriors jerseys had question marks/blanks. Could the Warriors be getting new duds?

I know it's unlikely, but let's hope any new identity includes a geographic designation that makes them sound like a major league team.

Well, considering that we know for a fact that the 76ers are getting new (well, depends on your definition of "new") unis, so this definitely has some legitimacy behind it.

Knowing the current trend, they'll probably try to simplify what they already have.

I can see the Warriors going back to the state and basketball logo with a modern twist.

The way I see it, within a couple of years every NBA team will have new uniforms, some will have new logos.

Why? Because Adidas is running the show now, and to me it just seems strange to have a league who's uniform manufacturer is Adidas wearing old Nike and Reebok uniforms. It's kind of like Adidas is saying "Nike did a great job, we can't compete with them at all." That's just the way I see it, and I wouldn't be surprised that in the next 6 years every team will have new uniforms, yes even the Lakers and Celtics. Just my 2 cents.

This article from when OKC announced their name would be Thunder states that the Warriors' have been planning to re-brand for the past two years. It also says that they have been phasing out use of the primary logo even before the OKC Thunder came to exist. Which is true because they ditched the old secondary featuring the warrior guy in a triangle two years ago, and now just use the 'W' on the basketball, even sits midcourt at Oakland Arena. The article also assumes that the planned re-branding will follow through after this season.

Warriors plan 'exit strategy' for mascot

The team had been considering re-branding themselves to the public, and plans might move forward following this season....... The team hopes to have some form of a mascot for this upcoming season.

Good, no more pointy lightning bolt motif over-gradient omniscient warrior logo.

I hope the Warriors get a new identity. I remember actually liking the "Thunderbolt Man" logo/identity when it first came out, but it has long since soured on me (much like the Hawks' main logo). I'm also not a fan of the unsymmetrical-arching team name on the jerseys (ditto about the Wizards' jersey team-nameplate).

The re-branding to "Thunder" was not that bad, but those original uniforms are which stick with me. An arched font with a bolt arching over Warriors, a bolt only down one side of the jerey, a stripe on the opposite side of the shorts, and "W" on the back calf......They tried way too hard to appeal to children and it failed.

I hope the Warriors get a new identity. I remember actually liking the "Thunderbolt Man" logo/identity when it first came out, but it has long since soured on me (much like the Hawks' main logo).

That logo always reminded me of the character Vega from the Street Fighter games:

250px-SSFVega.jpg

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

This one should be interesting.

I know many, many people are going to pine their asses off for the "The City" look. As great of a look as that is, I think it's best left to an alternate. While I also understand the inclusion of the "Golden Gate Orange" or whatever the Warriors call it, I've never really liked how it was utilized with the Warriors' uniforms. (Nor have I ever cared that both the Warriors and Wizards both currently use damn-near the exact same font for their numbers--based off Friz Quadrata, if I'm not mistaken.)

Let's see where this one goes. For all I know, they may revert back to the Chris Mullin/Tim Hardaway/Chris Webber look. Seems to be the going trend in the NBA these days, no?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I never liked their blue and gold. Then again, I don't care for their navy and orange, either. I like "The City" logo, just not the jerseys. I wouldn't mind seeing an identity change.

IMO - I hate the Warriors' overall identity, but love their colors. Honestly, I think the use of "Golden Gate Orange" was inpired. It's supposed to match the Golden Gate Bridge.

Solid Colors:

GoldenStateWarriors_FRC_9999_SOL_SR.png

Textile Colors:

GoldenStateWarriors_FRC_9999_TEX_SR.png

I must say, I am with Werx. The Navy, Orange, and Yellow looks great IMO. Their identity could use some work, but I know I have said this before, their uniforms "pop" like none other. I hope they stick with their colors and come up with a new logo. Maybe some sort of helmet-based primary (the NY Titans logo comes to mind) with "GS" in a shield for a secondary. Then for the uniforms I can see them doing something simple and modern like the 76ers did. Since they will be changing anyway, it should be fair game. I think that would look nice.

Archived