What font is this?

XPetey

Hey all, I'm doing a project, and I'm trying to recreate a Topps 1988 baseball card, but the problem is the font at the top is covered by the picture I have. Does anyone know what the font is, or what font might be close to it?

Here's a link:

1988ToppsGrubb.jpg

For that matter, what font is "Johnny Grubb"?

Hey all, I'm doing a project, and I'm trying to recreate a Topps 1988 baseball card, but the problem is the font at the top is covered by the picture I have. Does anyone know what the font is, or what font might be close to it?

Here's a link:

1988ToppsGrubb.jpg

For that matter, what font is "Johnny Grubb"?

I don't know what font it is, but it is of the same family. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that whatever the font is, the "Tigers" is whatever font Black. Black is the key, it's thicker than if you bold a font.

That's a winner. The player name appears to be of the Serifa persuasion, though for some reason Topps used a similar-looking (but not identical) font for its recent reprints.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived