Flyers concept

CheeseHusker

This is an attempt to slightly modernize the Flyers 70s throwback, which will be the Flyers permanent home jersey from next season. Basically I've widened the shoulder stripe and moved the shoulder numbers down the sleeves where there is room to accommodate them (later versions of this design, circa 1980-81, did this). I then added a little bit of trim to the black parts of the sleeves and added some black to the bottom of the jersey (more in-line with the late 80s/90s Flyer jerseys), with color trim. I also changed the sock pattern slightly to match this striping.

I've also created a black alternate jersey based on this template, with orange sleeves instead of white, because I've never felt the current black set had enough orange in it.

The letter and number fonts are essentially the same ones the Flyers currently use.

Home

FlyersOrange.jpg

Away

FlyersWhite.jpg

Alternate

FlyersBlack.jpg

That would be acceptable. Two things:

1. Use the "slant-wing" P (their jersey P is different than their logo P.)

2. No black outline around the logo on the white jersey (the slant-wing P doesn't have an outline - only the round-wing P does.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2. No black outline around the logo on the white jersey (the slant-wing P doesn't have an outline - only the round-wing P does.)

Ahh, I knew someone would say that :D

I actually don't have the slant logo in vector anywhere; I guess I should make one. I'll make a revision.

Ahh, I knew someone would say that :D

I actually don't have the slant logo in vector anywhere; I guess I should make one. I'll make a revision.

Somebody made a pretty good high-res raster of it a while back... for some reason I think it was Capn89? Could be mistaken though. If it is found, Chris should probably add it to the site, since even though it isn't officially "recognized" (unless someone with style-guide access knows otherwise), it is used in an official capacity.

EDIT: here it is. It's not perfect (I think the wings should be just a tiny little bit more slanty) but it's pretty good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived