FGCU Eagles Basketball

stumpygremlin

Well, this is my first ever concept. Hope you like it. I decided to use the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles because I just don't like their athletics logo 80px-FGCU_Eagle.PNG, especially because the school has an academic logo that's much better. Well, without further ado, here it is.

Home:

FGCUEaglesHomeB-BallConcept.png

Away:

FGCUEaglesAwayB-BallConcept.png

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

The logo looks great, except that it looks like a letter Q. So if it was a team called, say, the Quebec Eagles, it would be great, but for FGCU it looks a bit weird. I like the simple unis, but with the logo being such a feature of them they might need looking at as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The logo looks great, except that it looks like a letter Q. So if it was a team called, say, the Quebec Eagles, it would be great, but for FGCU it looks a bit weird. I like the simple unis, but with the logo being such a feature of them they might need looking at as well.

In my defense, the logo already exists. It's their academic logo. I like it better for their athletic program than their current athletics logo.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Agreed. It looks like a "Q" or an "O". If you're making this a concept, why not re-work the logo?

As for the jerseys, the back numbers are way too large, and the nameplate is too high. The eagle wings aren't doing it for me. Maybe add the green to it?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

It is a decent concept, especially for your first one, but their are some problems. I doubt the school would actually use the university logo for athletics, mostly because the university logos just have a way of looking... more professional I guess and sports logos have a much different look to them. As for the logo, like others said, it does look like a Q but maybe you could rework the wings a little to make it a U and then add FGC in front of that. On the jerseys, the design is a little out there, but I am glad that you tried it out. I agree with the person that said that green should be incorporated maybe as an outline around the wings. The real major problem is the font on the jerseys. I'm not sure which one you used but it definitely doesn't look good on a basketball jersey. The number on the back is also much, much too large and I can tell that you resized it in ms paint because it is so choppy. To fix that problem, try copying and pasting it into word, and it will come out cleaner and not so choppy. This is a really good idea, if you can fix some of the problems then it would be great.

PS- if you look in the Paint User's page, you can find a much better version of that template that vmd9 made.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived