Roughriders Jersey Font Question

NickNickNick

My brother-in-law has a couple of Rider jerseys which he has gotten customized with JURASIN 71 on them.

There is an obvious problem with the font on the green jersey - it appears as though the customizer has used Stampeders font which is heresy.

Secondly, I'm not certain that the font on the white jersey is correct, either. I thought the Riders used a "blockier" font.

Thirdly, the 7s appear different. Look at the space between the top part and the part where the 7 starts to come down; there is a lot more space.

He wants the font used from last season on these two jerseys, so to say that they would be correct as if Bobby Jurasin played for the team last season. Any tips would be great.

If he is looking for re-customization any tips on how to get Jersey City to do that without a receipt would be great. It looks like they absolutely butchered these things.

100_0303.jpg

100_0304.jpg

100_0305.jpg

100_0307.jpg

100_0308.jpg

Also, for your enjoyment, a homemade combine hat:

100_0309.jpg

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Well the first problem is the jersey :P

If these are replicas then it might just be the font they use for replicas. I have noticed on all the Bomber replicas the font is way off from the Authentics.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Well the first problem is the jersey :P

If these are replicas then it might just be the font they use for replicas. I have noticed on all the Bomber replicas the font is way off from the Authentics.

It depends on a) who is doing the customization, and 2. whether they are screening or sewing it on.

If it's film, and the Bomber Store, then it'll be way off, and Jeff who runs the store will know all about it. If it's sewn, and done by either the Bomber Store or River City, then it's all fine, since I believe RCS does the sewing for the Bombers (and Moose, for that matter) anyway.

That's what I've found, anyway.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This is the font I thought they were using; notice the blocks

1632959.jpg

A pic like that is the worst source you can cite. For all we know, the jersey in that pic was customized wrong. You have to get actual game photos if you want to be sure.

Here's what the font actually looks like.

hughes-neal081003.jpg

As you can see, no serifs.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a source of frustration for me for the last few years. When I got my Dominguez jersey in 2006, my choices for customization were the Rider Store, and Jersey City. The Rider Store used the wrong number font, but the correct name font. Jersey City used the correct number font, but the wrong name font. I literally did not see one replica jersey that had both fonts correct. So, I decided to go with Jersey City, and my jersey looks similar to the green Jurasin jersey your brother-in-law has. It still bugs me that the name font is wrong, and Jersey City still hasn't fixed it on their new replicas.

Now, as you probably know, in 2008 the Riders changed their uniforms slightly. The green was darkened to match the retro jerseys, and the number font changed slightly. The number change is most noticeable with the 2 digit, but I think all the digits changed slightly.

Compare this photo of John Chick from 2007:

gc03.jpg

with this one of Maurice Lloyd from 2008:

MauriceLloyd.jpg

The 7 is a bit narrower in 2008. However, if you compare the name font on James Johnson's jersey in 2007 to the photo that Jezus_Ghoti posted from 2008, I don't think it changed.

All this to say that I think your green jersey has the 2007 number font with an incorrect name font, and your white jersey has the 2008 number font with the correct name font. So I think the only fix needed is the name plate on the green jersey. Let me know how it turns out, because I would be interested in doing the same thing with mine.

Archived