Las Vegas Gamble

TheAK47

So a while back I posted this concept: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...as+vegas+gamble for a team called the Las Vegas Gamble. This Idea has stuck in my head for a while now and just the other day in school I starting getting an idea. I'm still working on logos but here is what I have so far. Sorry about the pen and paper but I cannot figure out photoshop for the life of me.

sc00e1ae2b02.jpg

sc00e24686.jpg

C and C much appreciated.

kylekorversig1if2.png

With all the problems the NBA has had lately with refs betting on games, etc, I'm not sure that calling a team the 'Gamble' is a good idea. That, and it makes it sound like the league took a chance on putting a team there.

That being said, your execution would look a lot better if you only showed half of each suit logo on the side panels. Also, what colours are you planning to use?

p.s. If you can't do Photoshop, try Paint. Any idiot (myself included) can make a good-looking product on Paint. It's as simple as they come, and while it may take a couple hours to get the hang of everything, your work will look infinitely better that way. Some people are extremely talented artistically and can pull off a hand-drawn set, but without meaning to offend you, you aren't one of those people. I'm not either, though, so don't feel bad. Just use what you drew as a visual to make a cleaner-looking version on Paint.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The only problem with paint is that I don't have a PC. I have used paint before (see my previous version) but that was on a friends computer. I'm not totally sure what you mean about only half of the suit logos. The colors I have been considering are White, Silver, Black, Gold, and Red.

kylekorversig1if2.png

By half, I meant having them be cut off by the sides of the jersey, so that it doesn't appear that they are facing forward. Having them face the front of the jersey and not the sides would make the jersey front look very cluttered.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Oh, I understand now, yeah the way I envisioned it was as side panels but since I was just sketching it, I kinda threw it all onto the front so I had an idea what everything would look like.

kylekorversig1if2.png

There's nothing wrong with posting sketches done in pencil and paper. Nothing at all. A concept is a concept regardless of the medium by which it is presented.

However, your drawing / sketching is very poor. If you're going to present a drawing, and your ability isn't the best, I'd highly recommend taking some time and using a ruler to help with all straight lines, and one of those circle things (not a compass or protractor, the thing with all the circles cut out) to help with the rounded lines. You won't get it perfect, but things like the arch on the wordmark would be improved, the template would be improved, the numbers would be improved, etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived