Neat: Saw a One-Hitter Thursday Night

Mac the Knife

In a rather neat occurrence, Thursday night one of my softball league's teams one-hit their opponents, posting a 20-1, five inning (mercy rule) victory. In slow-pitch softball, a one-hitter is damned near unachievable. The fact that this guy proved to be the only baserunner allowed on the evening made it even more fascinating.

That said, anyone else see something in sports (amateur or pro) in person (not on TV) that you simply thought, "had I not seen that with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it to have been possible?"

nav-logo.png

Pretty cool deal...though the credit for the one-hitter is about 99% to the fielders.

The only thing along these lines I can describe happened at a high school football game my freshman year. On our first play of the drive, from about the 30, our running back broke a 70 yard TD run. However, it was called back for holding. On the next play, the same back broke an 80 yard TD run... but it was called back for a 5-yard penalty, I can't quite remember what it was. On the next play - you guessed it - the same back went 85 yards for the TD... no flags this time.

230 yards rushing on 3 plays... only good for 6 points.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived