Pensacola Ice Flyers logo finalists

Geoff

Geoff I think the Barracudas played football and soccer at the same time here I could be wrong since they both died quickly.

I fairly certain that you're mistaken.

I know that the Pensacola Barracudas af2 football team operated for three seasons - 2000, 2001 and 2002. If my memory serves me correctly, the Pensacola Barracudas soccer team was only in business for a single season, which I believe was 1998.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pensacola Flyers (indoor soccer) were only around for 1998. The Pensacola Barracudas (outdoor soccer) were only around for 1998. The Pensacola Barracudas (Arena football) were around from 2000 to 2002.

And don't forget the Pensacola Aviators

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The Pensacola Flyers (indoor soccer) were only around for 1998. The Pensacola Barracudas (outdoor soccer) were only around for 1998. The Pensacola Barracudas (Arena football) were around from 2000 to 2002.

And don't forget the Pensacola Aviators

Yeah the ABA joke

said they had a team ready to go before they signed a contratct with the civic center

then said they would play a UWF

failed quickly

I see what you mean on the Soccer team it folded before the indoor football started

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

And the af2 Barracudas didn't fail. They drew farily well but the owners also owned the Pilots and returned the team to the league saying they wanted to "focus solely on hockey". They then sold the Ice Pilots the very next off season. I'm not complaining too much because it was too Kerr who brought us our only Championship of any sort. :)

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 1 month later...

Archived