MLS Concept: Buffalo

eSabre

Sitting here watching MLS all day, has me daydreaming.

Here is the logo, for the expansion Nickel City SC of Buffalo (full name), which will be referred to as SC Buffalo. The team nickname is the Nickels.

nickeycityscofbuffalo.jpg

I chose SC because this is America, and we play SOCCER. Colors are Royal Blue, Nickel Silver and Navy.

Colors:

Royal Blue - Color of Buffalo city flag and seal

Silver - Color of the buffalo nickel

Navy - Representative of Buffalo's current pro sports tradition

Elements of the logo:

Crown at the top - Homage to Buffalo's nickname as the "Queen City"

Blue sash - The sash, as seen on all uniforms, is tilted at 34 degrees, which is the average low in November, which we expect to be playing in every season (playoffs).

Nickel City - Another nickname for Buffalo. When the buffalo was on the nickel, Buffalo was at its peak. So we expect to be part of the return to glory.

Buffalo nickel - self explanitory, has historical and local representation

Uniforms

Royal Blue - Primary kit

Silver - Change kit

Silver socks to be worn with both uniforms to emphasize class and prestige, as well as represent the gray skies we know and love in Buffalo.

nickelcityuniforms.jpg

C&C please.

Sweet idea, i think its a great start and I love how you made basically everything on the logo mean something refererring either to the city or it's history. My only two gripes i think would be to 1) drop the gradients on both the nickel and the text and make them solid colors, and 2) make the "BUFFALO" and "EST. 2014" the same font as "NICKEL CITY" and "SC". Then i think it'd be an A+ job. Great colors as well, can't wait to see some uniforms! Keep it up!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Sweet idea, i think its a great start and I love how you made basically everything on the logo mean something refererring either to the city or it's history. My only two gripes i think would be to 10 drop the gradients on both the nickel and the text and make them solid colors, and 2) make the "BUFFALO" and "EST. 2014" the same font as "NICKEL CITY" and "SC". Then i think it'd be an A+ job. Great colors as well, can't wait to see some uniforms! Keep it up!

i'll co-sign on that.

very nice beginning though...just needs some finessing to make it good.

1. Too many effects going on here. Lose the gradient, and the "flatten" out the BUFFALO.

2. I understand that it's a "Buffalo nickle", but it's also used by the Bills, and it'd be tough to market a logo that's already probably TMd by another pro team. Maybe come up with a design that's a little more distinct. It doesn't literally have to be a Buffalo nickle.

3. The crown on the top really just looks thrown on there at the end. There's really no need for it. There are countless cities that refer to themselves as the "Queen City" (Charlotte, Cincinnati, Allentown PA, Toronto, Seattle, Denver, etc.) - it's not unique to Buffalo at all, and very few (if anyone) outside of Buffalo would even get it (assuming that even Buffalonians would get it.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived