Hopping on the bandwagon

rentz

Hello everybody. I am an aspiring graphic designer, and the couple of threads on personal logos recently inspired me to make my own.

I was playing around with my initials (AR) and came up with this: it's an ambigram with the two letters.

ar-2.png

So, I'd like to see what you guys think of it... I like it, it kinda gives a fun, 'groovy' feel.

All C+C appreciated

I see "nole" in there too.

I see a beaver in there as well :D

Seriously, nice work. Fine for a personal logo, but a little too dated as a designer logo.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Thanks for the comments. I'm in high school so this is just sort of an exercise for me, nothing serious... but still, looking at the logo now, it is a bit more Spongebob/Willy Wonka than I intended. So here's a couple more drafts of it.

ar-5.png

The first two are simply variations of the original, but I'm moving away from that direction. I quite like the two in the top right, however my apprehension is that it may initially appear a little swastika-ish, especially to someone looking at it and not knowing what it's supposed to be... that would be bad! The bottom four were attempts to "professionalize" the logo, as I tried to reduce the grandiose curves and other things that made the original a bit whimsical. There's also another version as my current avatar. And yeah, all of them are ambigrams.

@ scotty: wow, I can see the nole in there too! I can assure you it was unintentional... perhaps a Freudian design??

All C+C is welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an R.

As for how long it takes to create-- conceptually, or on the computer? Because it probably took 15 minutes of doodling to come up with the idea, and maybe 10 in inkscape to render it.

It's an R.

As for how long it takes to create-- conceptually, or on the computer? Because it probably took 15 minutes of doodling to come up with the idea, and maybe 10 in inkscape to render it.

Archived