When did the Orioles get Baltimore road jerseys?

hecticbro

Personally, I don't like the white on the black uniforms. White is not a part of the Orioles's colors at all so why add it on a uniform?

A little something called "contrast" maybe? It looks really cheap and unprofessional to just have orange on black without any kind of trim or outline.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Personally, I don't like the white on the black uniforms. White is not a part of the Orioles's colors at all so why add it on a uniform?

A little something called "contrast" maybe? It looks really cheap and unprofessional to just have orange on black without any kind of trim or outline.

White is essentially a part of every team's colors.

Actually, white is one of the Orioles colors. So, I have no problem with white being used. I don't think it's necessary for "contrast" because you can see the difference just fine. The look isn't unprofessional or professional just because you like it or don't like it. Well, in our society maybe professionalism is based on personal preferences...

Anyway, I don't like that white is expected to be used on all uniforms sets even if not part of their palette, but black is not to be used ever, except if part of the palette, but then should be minimized to trim/secondary usage only.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Actually, white is one of the Orioles colors. So, I have no problem with white being used. I don't think it's necessary for "contrast" because you can see the difference just fine. The look isn't unprofessional or professional just because you like it or don't like it. Well, in our society maybe professionalism is based on personal preferences...

Anyway, I don't like that white is expected to be used on all uniforms sets even if not part of their palette, but black is not to be used ever, except if part of the palette, but then should be minimized to trim/secondary usage only.

Please give me more credit than judging something as unprofessional just because I don't like it. There's plenty of uniforms I don't like, who's professionalism I won't question.

I call it unprofessional because it reminds me of a low-budget rec-league shirt where they don't pay for the two-color screen printing, and just get the color on color. It just looks cheap. Even if they added piping, it'd be better and at least look like something more than a BP pullover.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The only white that is used on Orioles jerseys is on the home BP jersey. This jersey is new this year and I think it was changed to match the BP hats better.

Orioles Home BP Jersey script

Orioles BP hat

The year 2000 was the last time white was on the black jerseys, but it was also on the gray road jerseys.

2000 Orioles Road Jersey

2000 Orioles Black Jersey

In 2001, the Orioles completely removed the white from those jerseys and it has stayed that way since then.

2001-Present Orioles Road Jersey (yes, I know that Baltimore is now on the road jersey but the style is still the same)

2001-Present Orioles Black Jersey

The Orioles current style of script is orange lettering and a black outline. So, for me, it would make no sense to add white to the black jersey because it wouldn't match the other jerseys.

Current Orioles Home Jersey Script

Current Baltimore Road Jersey Script

Black Jersey with White Outline

The ironic thing is that the Orioles spend the $ for a second (black) layer of tackle twill that pretty much cannot be seen on the black jerseys! If you took that 1999 black jersey and added placket/collar piping, it'd be perfect!

Archived