Los Angeles Dodgers Concept

joshhockey

First off, I just want to say I realize that there are too many red and blue teams in the MLB, but this is just a concept and I wanted to do something creative. Now that that's out of the way, this idea came to me while I was at my cottage and I was watching the Dodgers game. I figured everyone was always telling people to get rid of the red, so I decided to go against the flow and use the red to do something creative. I added an alternate logo of a trolley car because they started off as the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers. Everything else is pretty much sell explanatory. I have a special kind of Discrim style alternate jersey planned. The uniforms are still being worked on.

dodgersrebrand.png

g4104.png

I think this works if they are still in Brooklyn, but the trolley has not been relevant since they moved to LA. It's kinda like the Lakers. They move there and take an identity that doesn't belong in their new home.

As far as the red, I'm not against it. So this isn't too bad.

Its maybe not quite on topic, but I always thought iot would be smart of the Dodgers and Giants to swap locations. That way the San Francisco Dodgers could keep the trolley idea, and I always thought that San Francisco seems emotionally more alike to Brooklyn that LA does. And Los Angeles Giants somehow sounds better as well!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What's with the lines next to the trolley? It's either shouting or it's hurtling to its demise.

I submit that the existing blue/red balance is just right for the Dodgers. A more equal balance between royal blue and red starts to get into Cubs territory. That it only appears on the front numbers is just fine by me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What's with the lines next to the trolley? It's either shouting or it's hurtling to its demise.

I submit that the existing blue/red balance is just right for the Dodgers. A more equal balance between royal blue and red starts to get into Cubs territory. That it only appears on the front numbers is just fine by me.

The lines next to the trolley are to be like the lines on the ball from the primary. The trolley is supposed to be running downhill.

"First off, I just want to say I realize that there are too many red and blue teams in the MLB, but this is just a concept and I wanted to do something creative." My first sentence. I realized the red/blue situation, I just wanted to do something different.

g4104.png

The unis are ready. The home and away are pretty simple and self-explanatory. As for the alt, its using the alt logo instead of a script or initials. Its kinda out there but I felt like doing something creative for them. It can be worn with white or gray pants. C&C on the threads and logos/scripts.

dodgershomeaway.png

dodgersalt.png

g4104.png

Archived