Wynalda replaces Cohen on Fox Soccer Channel

gosioux76

Not sure how many people on the boards are followers of World Soccer Daily, but co-host and founder Steven Cohen has been ousted from his position as co-host of Fox Soccer Channel's "Fox Football Fone-In" program. He's been replaced by Eric Wynalda.

USA Today

Undoubtedly, this has something to do with the furor created by Cohen's tirades against Liverpool fans. Even so, I consider it a mistake for FSC. Cohen is a far more interesting commentator than Wynalda.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I'm absolutely thrilled to see the little troll yanked from the screen, although disappointed they replaced him with Wynalda. Makes a bit more sense, given that Cohen couldn't give a damn about football in America, routinely mocking the MLS, whereas that's about all Wynalda knows. (I wonder will we see a shift in the focus of the show away from the EPL to MLS now? Don't think so.)

Regardless of their claimed "area of expertise", neither Cohen or Wynalda are exactly knowledgeable, and rely more on making a lot of noise to "entertain". It's the broadcasting equivalent of flinging buckets of crap on a wall, and hoping something sticks. One question, where will the eurosnob callers go?

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

I'll admit that I haven't listened to his radio show in a year or so, but he never mocked MLS any more than the league deserved.

Cohen was always very interested in promoting football in America. He believed that the country deserved much better than it was getting.

As usual, I agree with Gothamite. I think very few people have done more to promote soccer in the U.S. than Steven Cohen, blowhard or not. His criticism of MLS may have been harsh, but it was all justifiable. And as the league has improved, so has his willingness to promote it. He launched his coverage of the season by reserving air time for every MLS coach, all but one of which gladly accepted.

I, for one, wouldn't be nearly the soccer fan I am today if it weren't for Cohen.

FFF was much more interesting when the third F was "Friday" and it had the original Nick and Steven lineup. Doubly so when they broadcast from real bars.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived