Help! Anyone with New Era Connection?

Patchez

Even in Chicago, I cannot find the correct logo for Chicago White Sox retro caps.

I am looking for the blue cap from the late sixty's and the red cap from '72-'75. They had the same interlocking SOX logo (but not the same as the current logo)

Two designs exist from 3 manufacturers (including New Era) and they are incorrect.

The staff at Grandstand (retail store) near Sox Park say I am incorrect, and the New Era cap they sell is correct.

They even have a relationship with New Era which partnered on other White Sox custom design caps in the past!

Here are the two variations and the larger one in the middle is my attempt to show a more accurate design.

You'd think New Era can get it right!

Sox72Cap.jpg

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Even in Chicago, I cannot find the correct logo for Chicago White Sox retro caps.

I am looking for the blue cap from the late sixty's and the red cap from '72-'75. They had the same interlocking SOX logo (but not the same as the current logo)

Two designs exist from 3 manufacturers (including New Era) and they are incorrect.

The staff at Grandstand (retail store) near Sox Park say I am incorrect, and the New Era cap they sell is correct.

They even have a relationship with New Era which partnered on other White Sox custom design caps in the past!

Here are the two variations and the larger one in the middle is my attempt to show a more accurate design.

You'd think New Era can get it right!

Sox72Cap.jpg

New Era screws up the 84 Padres caps too. They just don't care about accuracy, pure and simple. Nike's latest version of the Padres 84 cap is closer to the original than New Era.

Exactly.

New Era's eye for historical accuracy is pretty much non-existent. They just don't care.

I don't know if I'd go that far. But certainly, the degree to which New Era cares about accuracy is directly proportional to the degree to which New Era's customers care about it. Three simple steps to helping New Era to care more about accuracy:

1. Don't buy inaccurate caps.

2. Do buy accurate caps. Buy several. Give them as gifts. Put them in the attic for future use. Mail one back to New Era's corporate HQ with a note expressing your satisfaction and asking for more like this.

3. Mercilessly mock and ridicule anyone who wears an inaccurate New Era fauxback. Encourage others to mock and ridicule the wearing of inaccurate caps.

If customers demand accuracy, New Era will eventually deliver accuracy. Don't ask a for-profit company to sail against the wind; change the direction of the wind.

20082614447.png

Exactly.

New Era's eye for historical accuracy is pretty much non-existent. They just don't care.

I don't know if I'd go that far. But certainly, the degree to which New Era cares about accuracy is directly proportional to the degree to which New Era's customers care about it.

I didn't mean it perjoratively (unlike their lousy quality control, which is entirely their fault). But you can't blame people for buying inaccurate Brooklyn Dodgers caps when no accurate ones exist - the few manufacturers all make inaccurate versions.

Exactly.

I don't know if I'd go that far. But certainly, the degree to which New Era cares about accuracy is directly proportional to the degree to which New Era's customers care about it.

I didn't mean it perjoratively (unlike their lousy quality control, which is entirely their fault). But you can't blame people for buying inaccurate Brooklyn Dodgers caps when no accurate ones exist - the few manufacturers all make inaccurate versions.

Try www.mickeysplace.com. I bought a couple of hats from there and they were pretty accurate.

Are you sure you are looking for the 69-70 Sox cap? Because according to this picture, it is correct.

71topps_super-23.jpg

The Grandstand store is correct. This is one where New Era is right.

No, Grandstand & New Era are NOT correct on this. I've seen the hat they offer up close.

Here you can see the blue New Era cap and how it is incorrect from the originals.

Sox72.jpg

ANYONE know how to email this info to New Era and/or Grandstand?

Thanks!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Are you sure you are looking for the 69-70 Sox cap? Because according to this picture, it is correct.

71topps_super-23.jpg

The Grandstand store is correct. This is one where New Era is right.

No, Grandstand & New Era are NOT correct on this. I've seen the hat they offer up close.

Here you can see the blue New Era cap and how it is incorrect from the originals.

Sox72.jpg

ANYONE know how to email this info to New Era and/or Grandstand?

Thanks!

:blink:

Archived