Vancouver Clippers version 2

DrJack

I too first thought having Clippers curve upwards was the way to go....until I saw it. I think it is better straight and on the bottom half.

What if you take E and remove the thick stroke around the letters. Have the letters with the thin blue like you have in A. Leave the thick outlone for the ball and the anchor.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I decided to give myself a break and work on the jerseys insead. While working on the jerseys I decided that the problem wasn't with the placement of the wordmark, but with the wordmark itself. I like the wordmark I'm using on these jerseys and try to work them into the logo.

I'll ask for some C+C on these and work on fitting the new wordmark in to the primary logo in the meantime.

Anyway, check 'em out:

ClippersHomeSet-1.png

ClippersAwaySet-1.png

ClippersAltSet-1.png

I really like the uni's. I like how on the home the striping is different colors on each side. My first impression is Port and Starboard which is cool. Only complaint would be that you didn't carry that over on the road and alternate. With that being said the road and the alternate still look sharp.

Regarding the wordmark on the primary, is it possible to just do CLIPPERS straight and underneath the logo as if the primary were sitting on top of it?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Increase the size of the wordmark a tad more so that the navy drop shadow covers the tip of the anchor and that section down there is solid navy. I would also do something to make your text more interesting. The ball/anchor is very dynamic, yet the text, while improved, still does not match in style. Perhaps a bevel on the type? Furthermore, you need to refine the navy blue outline around the anchor. Illustrator's offset path works well, but with thicker outlines it can start to get a little janky. Refine those curves to match the natural path of the anchor.

OD_Signature.jpg

Increase the size of the wordmark a tad more so that the navy drop shadow covers the tip of the anchor and that section down there is solid navy. I would also do something to make your text more interesting. The ball/anchor is very dynamic, yet the text, while improved, still does not match in style. Perhaps a bevel on the type? Furthermore, you need to refine the navy blue outline around the anchor. Illustrator's offset path works well, but with thicker outlines it can start to get a little janky. Refine those curves to match the natural path of the anchor.

Which curves? What do you mean?

Archived