Warriors: Not Preferred Primary Logo

Wasatch

I know you may like their color palette and I can't really disagree with you that it looks decent when you throw the colors out there by themselves, but when you consider how they use it; especially below with all the crazy gradients?.yes, I'll go as far to say it looks horrible, and has for years!

Which is basically what I said.

Oh damn! thdoh.gif Sorry man, I should have read closer but I lost my concentration after reading "C'mon - it's one of my favorite color sets out there". thicon_wink.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I also wonder if a team can avoid the $500,000 charge by introducing a new secondary logo in season A, then substituting their primary logo for that secondary logo in season B.

Oh come on, someone has to have some ideas on this?

Teams have done it. We see the Warriors doing it now. They're technically keeping the primary unchanged, so they avoid a fine, but they're using their alternate as the de facto primary mark.

The Raptors do the same thing, you see the claw and ball logo a lot more then you see the dribbling dino, which is technically the primary mark.

Teams have done it. We see the Warriors doing it now. They're technically keeping the primary unchanged, so they avoid a fine, but they're using their alternate as the de facto primary mark.

The Raptors do the same thing, you see the claw and ball logo a lot more then you see the dribbling dino, which is technically the primary mark.

It has to make sense, not only the Raptors, the Bobcats are doing it as well. Not just because we hate the primary... :lol:

So does that answer my question that a team can?t replace their primary logo with a secondary logo that was introduced a season or more ago; and therefore avoid the $500,000 fine?

So does that answer my question that a team can?t replace their primary logo with a secondary logo that was introduced a season or more ago; and therefore avoid the $500,000 fine?

I would think so, because I think the NBA wants to avoid abrupt changes. So if the alternate slowly becomes the primary I would imagine the fee would not be assessed because of the continuity.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I would think so, because I think the NBA wants to avoid abrupt changes. So if the alternate slowly becomes the primary I would imagine the fee would not be assessed because of the continuity.

It?s amazing how just $500,000 can affect an NBA?s identity so much.

Archived