Leafs Concept (Yes I do realize it's like the third one this week).

joshhockey

This was kind of hard for me to do because I absolutely love the Leafs current identity, but I haven't worked on anything in about a month and I needed to get designing again so I picked my favourite team. I didn't want to mess with too much because of tradition at first, but then I decided it's just a concept so I might aswell do something different. The primary is just an updated leaf and the secondary was inspired by the Toronto flag. I used a standard block font because I don't really like the Leafs current one. You'll notice the biggest change is the addition of a light blue. I felt that this colour just made the identity pop. The jerseys are pretty basic with the exception of the somewhat retro-inspired, out-there alternate. Anyways, enjoy and C&C is greatly appreciated.

Logos:

leafsbrand.png

Home:

leafshome.png

Road:

leafsroad.png

g4104.png

Alternate:

leafsalt.png

Also, some of the outlines are kind of messed up and not exactly how I'd like them. If someone knows a better way than duplicating the object and increasing the mitre limit (in Inkscape), then could you please share that with me?

g4104.png

The powder blue works with the logos, and I have to say I'm really digging that alternate mark.

That said, I would lose the powder blue stripes and outlines on the primary jerseys and numbers.

The alternate could work, but that jersey design being so tied to the Habs, I'm not sure it would fly. Maybe move the striping pattern to the waist and add it to the sleeves. The concept of a power blue alternate works considering the logos you have, I just don't think this particular striping pattern is right for the Leafs.

The powder blue works with the logos, and I have to say I'm really digging that alternate mark.

That said, I would lose the powder blue stripes and outlines on the primary jerseys and numbers.

The alternate could work, but that jersey design being so tied to the Habs, I'm not sure it would fly. Maybe move the striping pattern to the waist and add it to the sleeves. The concept of a power blue alternate works considering the logos you have, I just don't think this particular striping pattern is right for the Leafs.

I see what you mean about the alternate, but what I was actually basing it off of was the old St. Pats jerseys. I'll probably work on an updated one later.

g4104.png

Hey, this is pretty sweet. I'd lose the light blue, because I think the Leafs are best with just blue and white. It gets lost on the crest as such thin trim, so you'd be better off just having plain white letters on the leaf and a blue outline if you're really committed to the double outline. Varsity serif is a good choice for the NOBs (one I feel is underused in the NHL), but I think the thicker block lettering the Flyers use would be the best match. The numbers could probably get away with being single-color no trim. I really like what you did with the leaf.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived