My cousin, the CHAMPION boxer

Viper

As those of you who are my Facebook friends probably know by now, I have a cousin who is a very successful pro boxer. His name is "Golden" Caleb Truax, he's 13-0 in his pro career with 9 KOs, and on Friday he gets his first shot at a championship belt. He'll be fighting Briton Kerry Hope for the vacant WBF Intercontinental super-middleweight championship (see second article on this page). It's a big step-up in class for Caleb, but the fight's in St. Paul so he'll have the home crowd on his side. And naturally, I'll be there too!

Here's the thumbnail for the fight's promotional poster. (Note that at the time it was made, he had been scheduled to fight someone else for a different vacant belt, but the other guy backed out.)

th_truaxvsdaniels.jpg

All of us here at CCSLC are sports fans, but not many of us can say we have a successful pro athlete in our families. Needless to say, I count myself quite lucky in that regard. Go Caleb... bring home the belt!

CCSLC signature.png

Awesome, best of luck to him! Remember to snap some pics of the fight!

I'll try, though from what I gather, unless you're right at ringside in the St. Paul Armory, it's hard to get pictures that aren't too dark and/or blurry to be any good. My seats will probably be about 50 ft away from the ring, about where they were the last couple of times I saw Caleb fight in that building.

I expect you to be in the corner or at least talking s*it during his walkout.

Again, I'll try if I can get close enough. Alas, with the horrendous acoustics in that building I'd probably have to either get right up to the fighters' faces or commandeer the portable sound/PA system just to be heard above the din.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived