Arizona Fall League

kinznk

Several years ago while visiting my grandparents I went to an Arizona Fall League game. Each team had their own distinct uniforms. I turn on the baseball channel today to watch the AFL championship game. Each player was wearing the uniform of their major league team with a hat that was specific to their teams. Phoenix or Peoria. The home team wore whites and the visitors wore gray. For example, a player may be wearing a Peoria hat and a Rays road uniform. Does anyone know if this was just for the title game or is this an everyday thing in the league?

As far back as 2004 maybe farther back, each player wears the uniform of the big league team. The only difference is a specific hat that everyone wears.

The AFL teams having been wearing their parent club uniforms for a while now while wearing the team caps, but I do remember that when Michael Jordan played in the AFL, he wore an actual Scottsdale Scorpions uniform. I remember seeing an ad some time around the turn of the millenium where it was advertising the hats and jerseys, so it was as recent as then.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I was disappointed when I turned on the game. I was definitely hoping to see two teams play not just a collection of players. At least I was hoping for the illusion of Peoria playing Phoenix. How hard is it for fans to look into a 25 cent program that lists players and their organization. Thank you for the responses.

Archived