Interesting article on NO. Saints colors

B-Rich

I agree. I also respectfully suggest you consider adding Mike McKenzie's jersey to your sig.

How are making the jerseys btw?

Though I respect your opinion as a fellow member of the WHO DAT Nation, I will respectfully decline your suggestion. I won't add him for the same reason I don't have Reggie Bush's jersey in my sig - a good player at times but woefully inconsistent. I can't invest emotion into a player who is not a consistent contributor to the team. but if you'd like to make a sig with McKenzie's jersey, you can make one here. :D

A fine idea. B)

I should not have suggested you change your sig and should have simply changed my own. But I disagree that McKenzie has been inconsistent. Any corner will get beat now and again and overall he was solid during his tenure with the Saints. Inconsistent? Jason David. Torched one play, making a great play the next. But mostly just torched. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you really told me didn't you. Perhaps I was wrong in assuming most people would understand that the statement "A uniform should only need to accomplish one thing; looking good" was written with the context in which we discuss uniforms in this forum in mind. In other words, when I said it I was talking about aesthetics and nothing more. I think we can all agree that the first four rules of your little smackdown are a given when discussing uniforms around here.

And yes, all human rules are indeed just made up "out of the clear blue sky." All the more reason to ignore the really stupid ones.

I did not mean to "really tell you." Apologies if you felt that I was attacking you; that was not my intention.

But I understood the context of your comment just fine. I believe that even considered within that context, your comment is wrong. Further, I believe you are mistaken about the nature of the context in which you wrote. The name of this board is not "Uniform Aesthetics," it is "Uniform Design." And it is an important practical and philosophical question whether "looking pretty" is either a necessary or sufficient virtue of design in any field. Also, I assumed that you wrote the bit about uniforms only need to look pretty at least somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and so I really didn't intend to stomp you down. Rather, I meant to use your specific comment as a starting point for more clearly explaining my own thinking on an abstract matter than I had done previously.

Perhaps I need to make clear here that when I say I think something you wrote is "wrong" or "mistaken," I am not drawing judgments about you as a person, and I'm fully aware that my own statements and arguments are fundamentally matters of (my own) opinion.

Fair enough.

BB52Big.jpg

I think the color scheme we're dancing around here is...this. B)

You know, I was pretty strongly in the "Saints must wear black and gold" camp. But when you bring Ponch and Jon into it, it becomes impossible to object to the medium blue and gold color scheme. It is by definition an improvement for anything to be made to look more like Poncherello.

Fixed it for you.

Archived