Authentic Helmets for Purchase

Ben Schwartz

Today I bought an authentic Schutt DNA helmet (steal for $100 IMO), not a custom one, just one like you'd get of a team online. My question is what size it is? I'm not going to play in it or anything but I'm curious if it will fit my head (7 3/8). I'm sure many people here have purchased authentic helmets online for autographs or display, anyone tried'em on? lol

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

A large should fit you just fine. Honestly, those things feel very weird. We just got several in here at Troy. They seem perfect for players with long hair and dreadlocks because of the large amount of space in the back.

And, yes, $100 is a good price for that helmet. I'm trying to decide between buying a new DNA for $90 shipped or a gently used VSR4 for $75 shipped. The reason why I like the VSR4 is because of the bumpers and pads being black (which is what I'm needing for my project) and the back bumper allowing me to tuck the center stripe underneath, but it is a pain putting the center stripe because of the ridge. However, the DNA is the original kind without the back bumper, not the new kind with it.

A large should fit you just fine. Honestly, those things feel very weird. We just got several in here at Troy. They seem perfect for players with long hair and dreadlocks because of the large amount of space in the back.

And, yes, $100 is a good price for that helmet. I'm trying to decide between buying a new DNA for $90 shipped or a gently used VSR4 for $75 shipped. The reason why I like the VSR4 is because of the bumpers and pads being black (which is what I'm needing for my project) and the back bumper allowing me to tuck the center stripe underneath, but it is a pain putting the center stripe because of the ridge. However, the DNA is the original kind without the back bumper, not the new kind with it.

Well that's good if there is some space in the back, in case it is a little tight. I absolutely love the look of them though and I got the bull facemask, it's this style: DNA%20Pro.jpg

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

Archived