What if BCS Bowls had unifroms to represent their Bowl?

fkaKrock5cent

Ok first off I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and give me any feedback you have. Happy Holidays to you and yours! Since we are in the mist of Bowl Season I got to thinking "If bowl games had to make a jersey to represent their Bowl and teams that play in it, what would it look like?" What I am trying to do here is give each Bowl game (starting with the BCS games) it's own identity beyond the logo it uses. So if each Game had to design a uniform what would it look like? What I thought was cool about this idea is the fact that I haven't seen this anywhere on here. I've seen people do concepts for the teams in the bowl games but not the bowl it's self. So I'm kinda treading in uncharted waters. So I best give you all what my thought process was when putting together these uniforms:

- What does the logo convey to me? When you look at the Sugar Bowl logo you see that while it is modern, it's not crazy like the fiesta bowl logo. The colors are a traditional red white blue and sliver (with some yellow trim). So I tried to make the uniform reflect this (bright colors).

- What is the location/feeder conference? For the Sugar Bowl it's the SEC. So I looked at the SEC designs and tradition and found some trends which this uniform should convey clearly (Helmet numbers, gray facemask and pants shoulder loops).

- How long has the Bowl been around? The Sugar Bowl is a classic and has featured the best football the south has to offer since 1934 and I wanted to maintain that tradition with a fairly simple jersey template.

So on to the pretty pictures

sugarbowlUniforms.png

While this is certainly a new idea, and a decent one at that, I'm not sure you spelled U-N-I-F-O-R-M right once in your entire post. I'd start there before working on the other bowls.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

heh, I remember Michigan used to have huge patches on their shoulders for bowl games (provided they were wearing blue), and if I were to make any jersey from any Rose Bowl, it would be the 94 UCLA, even though I'm a Badger fan and we won that game, the roses on UCLA's shoulders kicked ass. I mean, it was cool that they didn't have to otherwise alter their regular jerseys to do so (though the motion W + rose that the Badgers had on their shoulders was pretty nice too).

steering back on topic, there's a reason you're the first to post something like this: it would seem too Senior Bowl-ish if this were done for real. As you could probably gather from my reminiscing, I'd rather see teams either add a cool bowl-related touch to their normal uniform or do like Southern Miss in the Humanitarian Bowl about 10 years back and bust out a special jersey that we're only gonna see for that one bowl (they busted out a vegas gold jersey against Idaho, then IIRC never wore it again)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

heh, I remember Michigan used to have huge patches on their shoulders for bowl games (provided they were wearing blue), and if I were to make any jersey from any Rose Bowl, it would be the 94 UCLA, even though I'm a Badger fan and we won that game, the roses on UCLA's shoulders kicked ass. I mean, it was cool that they didn't have to otherwise alter their regular jerseys to do so (though the motion W + rose that the Badgers had on their shoulders was pretty nice too).

steering back on topic, there's a reason you're the first to post something like this: it would seem too Senior Bowl-ish if this were done for real. As you could probably gather from my reminiscing, I'd rather see teams either add a cool bowl-related touch to their normal uniform or do like Southern Miss in the Humanitarian Bowl about 10 years back and bust out a special jersey that we're only gonna see for that one bowl (they busted out a vegas gold jersey against Idaho, then IIRC never wore it again)

I could see why you think that, but my thinking was that these uniforms are separate from the game it's self. So let's imagine all the bowl games have to draft players and play in a tournament. What would each teams uniforms look like?

Also Dorf, I did spell uniform correctly in the post, not the concept, I'll fix that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Dravencult is correct, I got the helmet numbers from 'Bamma.

Archived