Iowa Hawkeyes Football Concept

The Fixer

So for the last few weeks just as a side project, I thought I could get a lot of experience by trying to update a really old logo and I've always loved the old Herky the Hawk logo. So i finally finished and thought, I might as well do some unis to stop the mistaken identity with the steelers. So....here is what i came up with. For the record, i like the offical old Herky better than mine, just looks a lot better. But mine is cleaner. I just wanted to see what I could do.

iowahawks.jpg

comparehawks.png

iowaunis.png

PS: thanks to noles42 for the action template. Im sure if you want it he would give it to you too! send him a PM

I like that you gave them a look that isn't identical to the Steelers but I think it's a bit too conservative. You have a single stripe on the helmets and pants and pretty much blank jerseys. I think it's a bit too generic.

The updated logo looks pretty good. I think you should work on the shadows and vary the line weights so it looks more like a modern update. To see what I mean check out the old and updated Sebastian the Ibis: http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=748 The new one keeps most of the traits that make the old logo recognizable but the way it's rendered is much more modern.

It looks like the shading layer on the template isn't aligned with the jersey. Also this is just a suggestion but for the shadow on the black parts of the jersey I would make the jersey itself a very dark gray and the shadow black. The way you did it almost looks like a negative of a photo.

I can tell you worked your tail off to vector that old Hawkeye logo, so you get huge kudos from me.

It could maybe use some touching up though. It still looks outdated. I personally would go in a different direction with Iowa.

And yeah, you kind of used Michigan's "maize". The uniform presentation is a little weak.

Archived