Colorado Rockies

fishheatcats

For awhile now, the Rockies have had what I think is easily the worst identity in baseball. They don't have the excuse of decades history on there side keeping them from an overhaul, so I decided to give it a shot.

I took a few cues from the Nuggets on the logos with the mountain/diamond element. Didn't intend it to be that way from the start but it worked out nice I think. I don't know if it makes any sense to anyone else, but I went with the little notches on the script to give it a slight "western" feel.

For the colors I dropped the black in favor of a two-tone purple look. Purple is one of the more unique colors in pro sports so I wanted to highlight it more. I'm not usually a fan of pinstripes, but I think the Rox look good in them so I kept them on the home set(plus it was an excuse to revamp my template, which previously was poorly suited to pinstripes).

I'm not sure about the alternate set. I wanted to do a vest jersey but I didn't want to go white with purple sleeves. Thoughts?

rockies.jpg

C&C always appreciated!

Try purple pinstripes on a purple jersey for the alternate, with all-white lettering and numbers.

Not sure how I feel about the 'Rox' logo. The 'baseball-in-the-O' part is cool, but it reminds me too much of the 'SENS' and 'BOLTS" fiasco from the NHL. Team nickname short-forms don't really belong on uniforms. It'd be like the Yankees writing 'Pinstripes' or 'Bombers' on their duds... it just wouldn't fly.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really enjoy everything you have going on here. It's a nice clean concept and I think the western-style letters aren't a stretch at all. The two purple colors are a little too close. They are hard to distinguish the difference. Keep the darker one and go with a bright violet for the other one. Right now you could go with one color and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Great Job!

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

The only suggestion I'd make is that if you are going to use the Baseball inside the O of ROX you're going to have to redraw the O because right now you have a perfectly circular ball inside an oval shaped O and it looks like a mistake. The two shapes while similar dont match well enough to use one as an outline for the other, it's like using two different serif fonts in the same job because they are so close your brain thinks they should match at first glance but when they dont it leaves the viewer with a really uneasy feeling, which a great many cant explain.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived