Cape Cod Canalmen Concept

speedy

Well on my way to a second straight last place finish, I thought it was time to ditch the silver & black that I've had since my inception into the league and venture out into the world of color. Although the colors have change, the Canal Man will be sticking around, albeit in a diminished role. Also the secondary mark has been promoted to primary, with a few tweaks here and there. The original duds can be found here.

Starting off is the logos, as said previously, the primary mark is the old secondary. A few changes include the font and text surrounded the image of Cape Cod. The secondary mark is inspired by the Golden Gopher of Minnesota. This logo appears nowhere on the uniforms or the ice, but is sticking around solely for tradition purposes.

acanalmen11.png

The jerseys are a drastic step in a different direction compared to the previous 3 years, which remained unaltered. However it's time for a change. I've always liked this color combination but have never used it. I stuck with the gray on the road instead of blue because simply the blue didn't look as good as the gray. I know if this was a real life situation the gray probably wouldn't translate well to an actual jersey, but it's not, so I'm going with it. The alternate is inspired by the Wild's current home sweater, with minor alterations here and there.

bcanalmen11.png

C&C appreciated as this isn't the final draft.

Cool idea--- a few suggestions. I think its natural to think of blue as water, therefor the map in your logo looks reversed Id like to see the land white and the water blue. Also, on the mascot logo... the jersey logo chould probably be just a "C" from the script because the full logo is too detailed to look good at that size.

Also on the mascot logo, the hands look upside down, but it might just be me. Did you intend to use a different number font on the red jersey than the blue and red? If so, I don't really see the point since they are so similar.

Im really liking the start.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Cool idea--- a few suggestions. I think its natural to think of blue as water, therefor the map in your logo looks reversed Id like to see the land white and the water blue. Also, on the mascot logo... the jersey logo chould probably be just a "C" from the script because the full logo is too detailed to look good at that size.

Also on the mascot logo, the hands look upside down, but it might just be me. Did you intend to use a different number font on the red jersey than the blue and red? If so, I don't really see the point since they are so similar.

Im really liking the start.

Great ideas. I'm not sure why, with all the color combinations I tried, I never tried the white Cape with blue background. However I just did and it looks fantastic. Also, the mascot.. it does look better with the C however the C alone looks more like an E which I'm a bit iffy on.

As for the hands on the mascot, now that you mention it the hands do look backwards and I can't get past it, definitely have to work on that.

Yes I did intent to use a different font on the red sweater. I went for a more standard block font but looking back I guess it wouldn't be too different to use the main sweaters font.

I'll have the updates posted tomorrow, thanks for the feedback.

Okay, here are the things I like. 1: The colors. Absolutely unique and perfect for this application.2: The striping on the unis is very nice.

Now, the things I don't like. 1: The outlines on the "Canalmen" wordmark are horrible. I know the font itself is a little choppy, but those should be cleaned up dramatically. 2:The copy in the primary logo should not be stretched to fit the contour of the circle.3: The skating man is not influenced by - but rather ripped off - from the Gophers. Your outline of the part you took from Goldy is very thin and the outline on your Islander head is much thicker. These need to be adjusted so there is some continuity. Otherwise, it looks like you did exactly what you did - taking two disconnected logos and smashed them together.

Okay, here are the things I like. 1: The colors. Absolutely unique and perfect for this application.2: The striping on the unis is very nice.

Now, the things I don't like. 1: The outlines on the "Canalmen" wordmark are horrible. I know the font itself is a little choppy, but those should be cleaned up dramatically. 2:The copy in the primary logo should not be stretched to fit the contour of the circle.3: The skating man is not influenced by - but rather ripped off - from the Gophers. Your outline of the part you took from Goldy is very thin and the outline on your Islander head is much thicker. These need to be adjusted so there is some continuity. Otherwise, it looks like you did exactly what you did - taking two disconnected logos and smashed them together.

Fair enough, to be quite honest this was and continues to be an afterthought. I'm not applying it to anything on the uniform and was simply done for fun. Agreed I should've worded my explanation more clearly as it is just the Fisherman and Goldy put together (I've given numerous credit to the Islanders over the past 3 years and simply overlooked it this go-around).

As for the wordmark, I agree the outlines have continued to bother me and it's next on my to do list for this project. The red outline is horrendous and gets worse the more I look at it.

Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated.

Archived