Illustrator question

MG helmets

Guys,

I'm relatively new to Illustrator (I have CS2). I've been a Photoshop guy for years. Now I'm tryin to vectorize all my photoshop work. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the 3D "bubblized" look like on the blue parts of this logo (see picture)? I can get a similar effect in PS, but haven't found in AI yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

prc-logo.jpg

There really isn't a vector tool to use that will achieve exactly that look. You can go in and create shapes and give them a translucent opacity to seem like highlights, but there isn't a simple one click tool to give the "gel" effect like photoshop...

There really isn't a vector tool to use that will achieve exactly that look. You can go in and create shapes and give them a translucent opacity to seem like highlights, but there isn't a simple one click tool to give the "gel" effect like photoshop...

I feared as much...thanks

Have you tried using Vector Magic? I think it does a better job of vectorizing raster artwork than does Illustrator.

But as stated, vectorizing is nothing more than a guess, a good effort. It will not be perfect, and it certainly won't be able to properly recreate any Photoshop effects. It can be extremely time-consuming, but the best way to vectorizing is to do a slow and steady trace by hand. I know there are companies out there that specialize in just that... So-called "exact" vectorization.

Archived