NBL- Sydney <Kings> are BACK

keeper

After its demise due to fraudulant activiteies from its owner and 3 year haitus, a Sydney basketball franchise will be unveiled today, understood to be going under the previous name of Kings. With the need to distinguish itself from the past and the definate need to improve on th elogos of old, any ideas of how they'd head with the logo?

Old Kings logos:

My link

Theres another one I can't find anymore; it was ditched after 1 season

The Australian

I first heard about this late last week, and thought that it is great news for the National Basketball League. Not sure what they will do regarding the logo, but you can't be the Kings without purple and gold, so I wouldn't imagine much of a change on that front!

Next ... Brisbane?

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Ahh the classic Kings logo which should never have been changed! I hope they bring it back. It was honestly one of the few recognisable logos the NBL had because teams kept changing/merging/folding. Then they threw it away for that KINGS logo which was awful.

liverpool-1.png

The NBL still exists?

They needed to take a year off and get things right, start new and fresh. Instead, they claimed it was a new league...... kept the same name, kept most of the same teams..... not much change.....And I don't know if the league is in a better place now than it was 18months ago when all their problems came to a climax....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

The NBL still exists?

They needed to take a year off and get things right, start new and fresh. Instead, they claimed it was a new league...... kept the same name, kept most of the same teams..... not much change.....And I don't know if the league is in a better place now than it was 18months ago when all their problems came to a climax....

They had the opportunity to take a year off before the season (yes, the one just finished). They elected to push on, and the Melbourne Tigers jumped back on board at the very last moment. They can't take a year off now ... it would be suicide.

With Sydney coming back on board, Brisbane surely likely to follow, the NBA back on free to air TV, basketball is going to grow again. Not crazy, like it was in the early 90s, but organically with people re-discovering the sport in their own way.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Archived