The NHL My Style

Chapeeko

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flames are a nice pick for the first team!

My thoughts: Lose the striping on the sides--just go with the main color of the jerseys. The stripes kinda look like the Blackhawks... I'd also lose the white shoulder yokes on the reds, or maybe try black (switch the logo and yoke colors--bringing back the white "C" is a good thing). Otherwise, I'm really digging the black and white jerseys.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Oh! No i meant the stripes on the sides of the torso. The hem stripes were fine and the sleeve stripes looked great. :) Also: you forgot to change the yoke color on the back of the reds. ;)

Ok, I'll wait up for the Pens. :lol:

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Thanks! That's exactly what I meant. And, you know, WW88's white yoke suggestion looks good with the white C, too.

So the big question, chapico: This is your project, so what do you think of these tweaks?

I think the white C matching the white numbers on the red jersey was a major factor towards improvement...

(I could have sworn these had striped around the waist/hem. I must have been thinking of another Flames concept when I typed earlier...)

Hey, thanks! This is a lot of fun! I'm no designer, and don't have the artistic/computing skills to do this sort of thing, but I appreciate you letting me live vicariously through you and I appreciate you seeking/accepting input (wether it's useful or not).

I think one thing I need to learn in these forums is to be a bit more open to "non-traditional" hockey designs. The side stripes you originally had did look good, but I have to admit my biased opinion (though I do think my point about them looking like the Hawks went beyond my own tastes).

Thanks again! I'll be looking forward to the others!

Pittsburgh Penguins- I tried to go to their Winter Classic look. That's about it. Enjoy

Pittsburgh Penguins

Now this IS beautiful. Even though it has a bit of a NCAA look, it fits. Plus, I'm stoked you brought back the "robo-penguin" and the original Pens colors. As a Ducks/Pens fan, I love those colors best on them. Nicely done.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Pittsburgh Penguins- I tried to go to their Winter Classic look. That's about it. Enjoy

Pittsburgh Penguins

Now this IS beautiful. Even though it has a bit of a NCAA look, it fits. Plus, I'm stoked you brought back the "robo-penguin" and the original Pens colors. As a Ducks/Pens fan, I love those colors best on them. Nicely done.

Thanks! I wasn't sure on bringing back robo penguin because it seems like everyone hates him.(besides me)

Ok. I like these, but I'm not such a fan of that Penguin logo anymore. I was when I was in high school, but the original, which I liked in grade school, has re-grown on me.

Now. Stepping aside from my preference, I'd recommend keeping the penguin itself black. The dark blue on light blue is a little... hmm... "weak" (for lack of a better term), IMO. Also, how would a white outline around the logo look on the dark blues? It just needs to stand out a bit more. It's kinda drowning.

Archived