Sabres To Play In Red And Black Again...

schlim

At least the reasoning behind not changing this offseason makes sense.

True. Although, I'm leaning towards thinking this is an excuse.

Making sure all energies are concentrated upon playing next year sounds AWESOME in theory. But really. Why couldn't they hired a design group to put together concepts for the color change away from the Adelphia look? Its not like that woudl take the designers away from their current project of working on solving the labor dispute.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I really do think this makes sense. My guess is that after the awards ceremony and the draft, most of the NHL teams are going to maintain very low profiles and not do anything to attract the media that will be duty bound to inquire at every opportunity as to the status of any CBA negotiations.

Uniform unveilings usually feature key players modeling the new duds, preceded by a member of upper management if not ownership making some opening remarks. The prospect of getting players and management to appear anywhere together until a deal, if any, is done is nil. And even if they were to appear together, the event which is clearly geared to attract as much media as possible, would devolve into a shooting gallery wherein the media would likely ignore the principal purpose of the gathering and instead pepper management and players alike with questions regarding the status of talks.

If for some mysterious reason a deal is reached quickly, my guess is that the new Sabres' uniforms will debut in the fall. However, it doesn't appear that's going to happen so if and when new uniforms are rolled out in 2005, expect there to be a lingering odor of mothballs.

Archived