2 Las Vegas concepts

cyandlux

Here are 2 more concepts! Fun! The first was my idea for the UFL team in Vegas. I don't know if the miner looks good on the helmet. The second is an idea for an MLS team in Vegas. If you don't understand it look on wikipedia....the flag for instance.

LV.jpg

Not bad, not bad. C&C.

Ok gonna go out on a limb here and say it, you've never used a pick-ax before have you? The arm positions are off, the back one is better than the front but still off and the front one I'm afraid to say seems to defy anatomy. You need to find a reference to work from, even if it just a digi snap of someone holding a broom handle at the correct angle, but you need to work from something. The idea is great and has a ton of potential but right now the inaccuracies are killing it.

The miner could work well on the helmet but you'll need to improve the way he ends a little, right now he kinda just looks like he stops.

With regards the wordmark, it's ok, but lose the gradient, they're bad news in sports graphics where things often have to be embroidered, cos you just cant do a gradient with threads. There are plenty of other techniques you can use to get a 'metallic' look without having to resort to gradients.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

The left arm isnt defying anatomy. I can see that the palm is on the back side. It just needs to be rendered better. The other arm needs to be closer to the middle, not near the top.

Also, I dont mind gradients. I like it. You just embroider it in flat white.

The left arm isnt defying anatomy. I can see that the palm is on the back side. It just needs to be rendered better. The other arm needs to be closer to the middle, not near the top.

Also, I dont mind gradients. I like it. You just embroider it in flat white.

Are we talking about the arm on the left of the characters left arm? Because I'll tell you right now that the character's left arm defies anatomy, it either doesn't have an elbow or it doesn't have a wrist, either one of which defies anatomy. You're right it can be fixed with a better render but that will only happen if a genuine reference is used and it's not, as I suspect this one was, drawn from memory/imagination.

You like gradients, so do I, they have their place but logos isn't one of them. Name me a pro sports franchise other than the Iron from the AFL that uses one in their identity package? I'd be hard pushed to, and the Iron are forever getting ripped for their use (actually ridiculous over use) of gradients. And the reason? Because they render the logo almost useless when it comes to producing meaningful merchandise. Hence the recommendation to drop it.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived