MLB Third Jerseys

AlaskaAJ

Hey guys. Yeak, I know I never finished my previous 3rd jersey series, but I had so much stuff going on I figured it was easiest to start over. So, a new 10 part series, and we're gonna start out with some AL Action!

1) New York Yankees

ALEYankees.png

Yeah, that's cream colored. A classic look for a classic team. Not too much to say here.

2) Tampa Bay Rays

ALERays.png

Kinda simple here. I figured it would bring a more "fun" look to TB instead of the classier look geared to adults.

3) Toronto Blue Jays

ALEBlueJays.png

Not to toot my horn, but I really like what I did here. I can't wait too see what you guys think of it.

Well, as always, C&C!

-AlaskaAJ

***UPDATE***

I am getting no feedback here, so i'm gonna shorten it to a 5 part series.

Here is the White Sox...

ALCWhiteSox.png

...the Mariners, with a new cap logo...

ALWMariners.png

ALWMarinersCap.png

...and the Dbacks.

NLWDiamondbacks.png

Pleeease can I get some feedback?

ccslcsig-4.png

Here is some feedback for you:

Yankees: I like the idea of putting that script on a cream jersey. But the jersey looks too plain and unfinished, and the blue/navy doesn't match on the wordmark, hat, and socks.

Rays: The wordmark looks very thick. I used a navy outline between the white letters and the colombia blue dropshadow in my project because it stands out more and matches the hat. That might look good here as well. Otherwise, not bad.

Blue Jays: I actually really like this one, nice job.

White Sox: A little plain, but not bad.

Mariners: The navy on navy wordmark doesn't look very good. Taking all of the teal out dosen't help either. I think the original cap logo was fine, but you didn't ruin it or anything.

Diamondbacks: The jersey is fine, but the red cap doesn't mix well. If you still want some red in the cap, a black cap with a red bill might look nice.

Nice start on these, keep working at it. Try to put as much as you can into a design before you move onto the next team and these can look really good.

I'm certainly no expert at jerseys myself, but it looks like you are not putting much time into these. Every jersey uses an existing wordmark, and then you just recolored it to make it look original. This is a good way to start, by coloring and recoloring to get a general idea of where you're headed. But don't stop there. Experiment with a new font, put numbers on the front of the jersey, or try putting the cap logo on the left breast (like Tampa's TB) to get something different. Don't be afraid to try new colors, either (I'm currently working on a Rockies set using purple and powder blue). You're getting there, just try to expand your creativity.

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Archived