United Basketball League

Fifty8_Black O

Now that summer is finally here I've reached a dead period between school and work and have nothing to do til the end of June. So I decided why not take a shot at creating a fictional basketball league. I've never tried anything like this before so I'm looking for constructive criticism along the way to get better at stuff like this. The first thing I'm gonna post is the league logo and conference logos.

UBLFull.jpg

So far I have 5 teams finished and 1 more in the works. My goal is 16-20 teams. I have an idea of where I am gonna place these teams but am looking for ideas for locations and team names.

I'll post the three Eastern Conference teams I've finished tomorrow, in the mean time C&C on the league logos is much appreciated.

This has potential, but a few things need to be worked on.

In the UBL Western Conference logo, the wordmark is too far to the right for the word "western". Make it symmetrical. I also don't like how you have two shades of blue and red that are sort of the same, but not too different for the conference logos. Eliminate one shade of blue and red or tinker with the colors you are already using to make it look better.

The UBL logo itself is good, but it seems like there are too many lines. I know that what you have is an accurate representation of a basketball behind the player, but maybe simplifying the ball or possibly even better yet, eliminate the red circle in the logo behind the ball and player.

The potential for some fantastic logos is there and some refining would go a long way to improving an already good first attempt at this project of yours. Keep at it.

I agree this has potential. I would drop the red behind the basketball & player as well. I am not a fan of the font you are using for the UBL. A font that stands out a litte more would make this even better. Other than that this is a great start.

So you guys would suggest changing the lighter shades of blue and red to a different color? My idea was having the same blue and red from the league logo be the main shades for the conference logos with a lighter shade to contrast. What would ya'll suggest for colors? Also I'm working on simplifying the basketball and I appreciate the suggestion of changing the font for the league logo but I like the simple font, its probably just personal opinion but I have tried others and this one has just seemed to be good for what I'm looking for. I'll keep working on these and hopefully post some teams later today.

Archived