MiLB twoshot: CT Defenders, Tacoma Rainiers

Discrim

alright, a day later and not as tired, I'm ready to explain where I was going with these...

Defenders: The sleeve motif can be considered a tamer variation of what the Chiba Lotte Marines use. The sub bat is used instead of lettering on the road and blue alt, mainly because I figured it might work a bit better than my last attempt at something similar (a probably long-forgotten Cardinals third I posted a few years back). Worst comes to worst, there might be a reason only I think it's a good idea, but oh well.

Rainiers: I haven't done a checkered uniform in a while, and I hate that stupid M's ripoff they switched to. The caps, I figure a lot of yall would agree that they should've worn similar caps in the first place instead of that dumb one with the full logo. The mountain is on the BP jersey because that's the only one it really made sense on.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Defenders: Pretty slick, something that would definately fit the team well. However, the sleeve stripes are a bit odd and would probably come out triangular when worn by the player, so I'm not sure that's the way to go (especially when most of the set is horizontal, you wouldn't want a vertical form to disrupt the flow). The slanted numbers are probably too slanted, you almost have to tilt your head to see them, so I'd go ahead and straighten them out a bit, but just so much that you still have a slant. Also, I understand the reason to use the Submarine as the script for the roads, but IMO it looks too much like a BP uniform, now. I could honestly say that you could pull off using the 'CD' monogram on the chest for the roads instead.

Rainiers: Eh, the checkered pattern isn't doing it for me. It's not working for a team like this, and the vertical script for the roads don't look amazing. I'd say the only thing you have here are the two alternates, which look pretty solid. I understand the reason for not using a Tacoma wordmark, but again, you could pull of using a logo on the chest.

Archived