Penguin logo

JJSCOTT

Wanted to play with a logo for my favorite animal and figured I might apply it to a create-a-school feature for NCAA11. Wanted to go with full body, show some motion and use unique colors not used by other colleges. After doin it figured I might also throw the Pittsburgh Penguins colors on it so explore doing a comcept jersey for them while I'm at it. Lookin for some C&C... What you guys think?

Penguin2.png

PITPenguin.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Great start! This would make a pretty solid primary.

But for some reason the back end just looks a bit off? Almost looks like he has a squirrel tail or something. Maybe have the lower body follow a continuous curve? If that makes any sense...

northstars.jpg

I'll go ahead and echo what the other posters have said, it's a little difficult to recognise it as a penguin; you almost have to fill in the missing pieces in your head.

It's an excellent start though, I prefer the first one. I think you're good from the flippers & the neck up, then leave the swooshes there. The tail is what needs the most work, I'd try looking at some references.

Hope this helps.

i think throwing a foot (or two) into the mix along the tail will do wonders for this rendering...it seems like you can typically see a penguins feet extending beyond the tail when swimming

i am also having some difficulty understanding the blue/yellow highlights...they seem a bit out of place and random...play around with those, a bit as well, and you've got a nice logo

jldesigns404eo.png

Thanks for the comments. I turned the tail down and added a hint of feet. What do you think? I am happier with it now thanks for the suggests!

Decided just to work with black and grays right now cause I kept changing my mind on the color scheme I wanted to go with.

Penguin3.png

the way the streaks flow off the back tail/feet could be improved. maybe a few blue/darker colored streaks coming off the penguins and flowing into the streak might unify the logo. right now the streak is separate from the penguin.. he also looks a bit fat. but i like the idea here since the layout is different than all other peng\uins concepts ive seen before.

Revised the back hoping this makes him look a lil less frumpy and like a walrus. Also curved and added a bottom to the beak.

Also put in a color scheme this I think separates the parts of the logo and changes the look a bit.

Penguin2-1.png

Revised the back hoping this makes him look a lil less frumpy and like a walrus. Also curved and added a bottom to the beak.

Also put in a color scheme this I think separates the parts of the logo and changes the look a bit.

Penguin2-1.png

HOLY CRAP!!! Now, THAT'S the Penguins.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Rays/Penguins merger = That ^ ^ ^

Lol, it looks better.

Didn't even think about the Rays, just goin with a couple of my favorite colors but now that you mention it I have always like their new color scheme :)

Archived