MLB: A's getting gold alt?

sportsguy

Is this purely a "i want them to have a gold alt so i am going to start talking about it, and in the process make it appear to be happening by titling a thread as such", or do you actually have some kind of source to contribute that appears to make this to be possibly true?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Is this purely a "i want them to have a gold alt so i am going to start talking about it, and in the process make it appear to be happening by titling a thread as such", or do you actually have some kind of source to contribute that appears to make this to be possibly true?

Everything you need to know is in the first sentence of the OP's post. It's a topic the OP saw from another message board.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Everything you need to know is in the first sentence of the OP's post. It's a topic the OP saw from another message board.

Not true.

Not true.

"Saw this posted on another board I frequent" sounds alot like he saw it on a message board to me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

A lot of times people will just start a post by saying "Hey my friends boyfriends uncles aunts dad say that team so-and-so is gonna get pink jerseys with rainbow hats, can anyone confirm this?" and they will title the thread something like "Team so-and-so getting pink jerseys???". this just seemed like that for some reason.

If you follow Yahoo! rumors you will know what im talking about, they title their rumors things like "Edmonton to get NBA team?" and then in the blurb you realize that it was just a way for them to get you to read their article and theres really nothing to back it up.

A lot of times people will just start a post by saying "Hey my friends boyfriends uncles aunts dad say that team so-and-so is gonna get pink jerseys with rainbow hats, can anyone confirm this?" and they will title the thread something like "Team so-and-so getting pink jerseys???". this just seemed like that for some reason.

If you follow Yahoo! rumors you will know what im talking about, they title their rumors things like "Edmonton to get NBA team?" and then in the blurb you realize that it was just a way for them to get you to read their article and theres really nothing to back it up.

Oh I completely understand what you mean, and that stuff does get to me sometimes too. But all I got out of the original post was that the OP saw something and was simply asking if anyone else possibly heard of it, I don't think the intent was what like what some if those articles are like.

On topic, I'd love to see a gold alt for the A's. I mean, they had a gold jersey for how long, 15 years? It seems like a more fitting color for an alt than black. I'd also love to see some inspiration from the old 70's uniforms.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

If we are really arguing over where it has been posted before, I remember reading it at this very site. I'm sure it is mentioned somewhere in one of the big MLB threads.

As for the news itself, I am looking forward to it. The only thing I like about their current black set is the white/green/yellow look of the names, numbers, script, and logo. I think it also looks good on their BP hats. I think that outlined A's logo is a great alternate for Oakland. I just hope they do the yellow/gold jerseys right.

This is not at all like those situations. I saw something posted on a message board used by former and current sports writers, but no one could find a link confirming or denying the rumor. So I posted it here to see if anyone had heard/read anything about it.

But thanks for jumping down my throat.

This is not at all like those situations. I saw something posted on a message board used by former and current sports writers, but no one could find a link confirming or denying the rumor. So I posted it here to see if anyone had heard/read anything about it.

But thanks for jumping down my throat.

I wasnt jumping down your throat, that message wasnt even directed at you.

Archived