Concepts from Camp.

Spammy

Here's the big problem with this concept and it's not Spammy's fault, but the name for the Coffee is poor. Surge is a drink already, so to call another drink the same as a soda is poor. Secondly, Surge would be better as an energy drink or shot than coffee. If you really want to get some electricity in the colors since you have to use the name, try using a yellow (rgb: 255,255,1), dark blue (1,0,102) and a light grey such as (220,220,220). The colors will give you a better feel. Instead of just enlarging the same font style and changing colors between "Surge" and "Coffee" try using a thick and bold san-serif font and then underneath use a thin serif font and kern it so that the c of Coffee starts under the S in Surge and the second e in coffee ends at the end of the "e" of Surge to create a block of text. If you put that underneath the coffee cup, you'll have a solid base.

Here's the big problem with this concept and it's not Spammy's fault, but the name for the Coffee is poor. Surge is a drink already, so to call another drink the same as a soda is poor. Secondly, Surge would be better as an energy drink or shot than coffee. If you really want to get some electricity in the colors since you have to use the name, try using a yellow (rgb: 255,255,1), dark blue (1,0,102) and a light grey such as (220,220,220). The colors will give you a better feel. Instead of just enlarging the same font style and changing colors between "Surge" and "Coffee" try using a thick and bold san-serif font and then underneath use a thin serif font and kern it so that the c of Coffee starts under the S in Surge and the second e in coffee ends at the end of the "e" of Surge to create a block of text. If you put that underneath the coffee cup, you'll have a solid base.

Sort of like this? Im working on colour options...

path424546.png

Alright, By the way, nice to see another duke fan on here :D

Thank You man me too, Is it just me or are these boards filled with Duke haters?

I'd say half and half (pun intended for this thread)

the logo is definitely getting close. i like orange and brown, but i think the typeface is going to really make or break it. its never easy choosing the right one that says "surge" and "coffee". try to keep these things in mind when choosing fonts . . .

1. culture

2. history

3. attitude

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived